Views
Helpful
Replies

Importing Maildomains

martijngroenen
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm doing a migration by a customer that have about 200 maildomains. I have a excel sheet with the 200 maildomains. And I hope dat somebody can help me I have already take a look at this and have created a export of the "Reciptient Access Table (RAT)" and "SMTP Routes" and the export looks like:

Reciptient Access Table (RAT)

----------------------------------------------

[domain]  ACCEPT

ALL  REJECT

SMTP Routes

[domain]:  [ip-mailserver]

ALL:

My question is if I created a TXT file that looks like upper export but then with customer maildomains can I than upload the file by System Administration -> Configuration File -> Load a configuration file from local computer and then import it by "Reciptient Access Table (RAT)" and "SMTP Routes" or is there a other way to perform this.

I have also a other question how can I delete a file that I have exported.

I hope that anyone can give me a quick response.

3 Replies 3

bethingt
Level 1
Level 1

If you ftp to the blocker drop the txt file in the configuration folder. Then you should be able to see the file when you go to import. As the file goes all you need in the file is the name of domain and accept then the reject all. The file would look like so.

bubba.com  ACCEPT
bubba1.com  ACCEPT
bubba2.com  ACCEPT

ALL  REJECT

Hope this helps, feel free to contact us at Small Business Support if you need any assistance.

Brian

I have tested it and it works perfect. I have first created a export and copy it to my local pc with FTP than I edit the file by adding one domain and upload the file by FTP back and go to the RAT or SMTP  Routes and import the file.

The only thing I now need to do is change my excel list so that it match the format for RAT and SMTP Routes but that is very easy.

I assume it will be the same format but I am not sure. I will try it out in our lab and let you know tomorrow. As for the excel you will need to convert it to the txt file. Glad to hear that it worked good for you though.

Brian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: