cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Alternate Greeting for AA

mloraditch
Level 7
Level 7

Is this supposed to work? It doesn't appear to and I downloaded the AA script and looked at it in the CUE editior and it doesn't appear to ever call the system script for check if alternative greeting is active. If this is the case is the only intended way for a customer to set an temporary holiday greeting (w/o recording over the normal greeting and that isn't the regular closed greeting) to be via CCA?

3 Replies 3

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Using Phone to access prompt management, configured with CCA?  Yes, it works.  At least it works for me.

How did you configure yours?

Yes, my user calls in to the greetings admin, goes to record and activate alternate greeting and it doesn't work. Greetings Admin says its active but all of my 3 AAs still just play their regular greetings.

mloraditch
Level 7
Level 7

Apologies for the late bump but have gotten back to this with my customer trying to setup for Christmas and this is where i am at:

CUE Greetings Administration has the prompt for alternate greetings activation and this is what I use for my Regular Unity and Unity Connection Customers and it works great.

When you activate the alternate greeting it doesn't work. I have looked at the aa_sbcs_v02.aef in the CUE editor and it doesn't call the system script needed to check if the alternate greeting is active.

So to rememedy this I went and copied aa_sbcs_v02.aef and threw in the check for the alternate greeting.

This worked great, until we tried to use any of the prompts.......... apparently the system alternate greeting check just plays the prompt and doesn't go back and use my preset prompts.

At this point I think i'm going to have to develop my own script. I know the system has holiday settings but i believe on those days it'll just play the closed greeting not the alternate greeting.

Does anyone know where I can download the system script for playing the alternate greeting? I am going to need to view it to incorporate it.

Ideally as a feature request, I would love for the SBCS AA to check for the alternate greeting, play it if it exists and then still allow all the normal key inputs, this is how full blown Unity/Unity Connection do it and is much easier to handle for myself as the IT MSP and for the customer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: