How to change timezone on LWAPP AP

Unanswered Question
Dec 1st, 2009
User Badges:

LWAPP AP gets time from the WLC, and displays in UTC time, which is the correct time. Is there a way to change the timezone on the LWAPP AP? Links? Commands?

Thanks

-Binh

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Leo Laohoo Tue, 12/01/2009 - 21:22
User Badges:
  • Super Gold, 25000 points or more
  • Hall of Fame,

The Hall of Fame designation is a lifetime achievement award based on significant overall achievements in the community. 

• Cisco Designated VIP,

2017 LAN, Wireless

No.

The AP gets it's time from the WLC via a CAPWAP AC Timestamp message (RFC-5415 sec. 4.6.6).  Since the AP has no way to set the timezone, the AP will always use UTC.

Stephen Rodriguez Wed, 10/24/2012 - 11:40
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

that would be correct for an IOS AP, but not for LWAPP/CAPWAP

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

Stephen Rodriguez Wed, 10/24/2012 - 12:18
User Badges:
  • Purple, 4500 points or more

Those commands do not hold through a reboot.  I just telneted to an AP and put the commands in, set the offset, saved and rebooted and the AP is back to UTC.

Generally if you have access to a command on a lightweight AP, what ever you change doesn't hold, since you are not able to actually save.

HTH,
Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please remember to rate useful posts, and mark questions as answered

binhkdinh Wed, 10/24/2012 - 13:10
User Badges:

I've tried that command. I even tried to save it to the local configs on ap (bad idea). Don't ever do that, it would mess up the LWAPP.

Actions

This Discussion