cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Restraining dynamic pat source ports

bastien.migette
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there, I would like to know if there is a way to restrain outgoing udp/tcp source ports on a dynamic pat configuration, like I want that all my ports coming from my lan use a specific range when going outside. is there a way to do such a thing ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Pedro Ivo Santos Mauri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bastien,

If my understanding is correct, you want to creat a sort of "port pool", so when a packet comes from inside to outside, you assure that it's source port will be translatated to a specific defined range. Is that?

Unfortunately this isn't supported. You can surely restric the ports that will be translated, but you can't restric to what it will be translated.

Let me know if this clarifies.

Thanks,

Pedro

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Pedro Ivo Santos Mauri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bastien,

If my understanding is correct, you want to creat a sort of "port pool", so when a packet comes from inside to outside, you assure that it's source port will be translatated to a specific defined range. Is that?

Unfortunately this isn't supported. You can surely restric the ports that will be translated, but you can't restric to what it will be translated.

Let me know if this clarifies.

Thanks,

Pedro

Yes, that was my aiming, in fact, I would like to use a VPN service which would redirect an arbitrary incomming port range to allow incomming connexions, and my wish was not to reconfigure all my applications using incomming connections, but restricting outgoing source ports to be transparent, but that'll make just a litle more stuff to do.

THanks for your response anyway

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card