Views
Helpful
Replies

DND to Voice mail issue

rock981119
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

Is that some way when i in the DND mode the incoming call can automatic transfer to VoiceMail?

Thx for help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Zhi,

In most cases, if users want their calls to go directly to VM without ringing their phone, they can use the "two button" approach. This key sequence will take approx .5 second longer than DND

1. Press CFWDALL Softkey

2. Press the Message Button (Envelope icon)

But as Art nicely noted (+5 points my friend!) In CUCM 7.x the Call Reject function
will follow the Call Forward No Answer setting on a phone, so if the CFNA is configured to go
to Voicemail then the call will flow that way in DND

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmfeat/fsdnd.html#wp1073696

Hope this helps!
Rob

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

asandborgh
Level 4
Level 4

If you want an incoming call to transfer directly to VM you can use

the key sequence CFWDALL and the Messages key rather than DND.  Is there somthing else you are tryiing to accomplish?

HTH,

Art

CFWDALL is OK, The custom wanna when that press DND all new call will transfor to Voice Mail directly. Is the OK?

I've never had this request before but I would try "Call reject" and "Disable" as shown below and see how it works

(From CCM 7.1.2 Admin Guide)

Good Luck!

Do Not Disturb

Check this check box to enable Do Not Disturb on the phone.

DND Option

When you enable DND on the phone, this parameter allows you to specify how the DND features handle incoming calls:

Call Reject—This option specifies that no incoming call information gets presented to the user. Depending on how you configure the DND Incoming Call Alert parameter, the phone may play a beep or display a flash notification of the call.

Ringer Off—This option turns off the ringer, but incoming call information gets presented to the device, so the user can accept the call.

Use Common Phone Profile Setting—This option specifies that the DND Option setting from the Common Phone Profile window will get used for this device.

Note For 7940/7960 phones that are running SCCP, you can only choose the Ringer Off option. For mobile devices and dual-mode phones, you can only choose the Call Reject option. When you activate DND Call Reject on a mobile device or dual-mode phone, no call information gets presented to the device.

DND Incoming Call Alert

When you enable the DND Ringer Off or Call Reject option, this parameter specifies how a call displays on a phone.

From the drop-down list, choose one of the following options:

None—This option specifies that the DND Incoming Call Alert setting from the Common Phone Profile window gets used for this device.

Disable—This option disables both beep and flash notification of a call, but, for the DND Ringer Off option, incoming call information still gets displayed. For the DND Call Reject option, no call alerts display, and no information gets sent to the device.

Beep Only—For an incoming call, this option causes the phone to play a beep tone only.

Flash Only—For an incoming call, this option causes the phone to display a flash alert.

Thx All, I test the DND option Call Reject, is OK, in DND mode the new call will transfor to VM.

I check the document, When you in the DND mode Call Reject, the Callmangaer will send the busy to caller.

So i should config call forward Busy.

thx for help.

Zhi yu Zhi yu,

NP, happy to hear it works!

Rob, thanks for the clarification - I was just taking a shot in the dark.  5 points back at ya!

Art

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Zhi,

In most cases, if users want their calls to go directly to VM without ringing their phone, they can use the "two button" approach. This key sequence will take approx .5 second longer than DND

1. Press CFWDALL Softkey

2. Press the Message Button (Envelope icon)

But as Art nicely noted (+5 points my friend!) In CUCM 7.x the Call Reject function
will follow the Call Forward No Answer setting on a phone, so if the CFNA is configured to go
to Voicemail then the call will flow that way in DND

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/7_0_1/ccmfeat/fsdnd.html#wp1073696

Hope this helps!
Rob

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Zhi,

Good stuff my friend!

I believe the setting should be under the CFNA config. Here is a call

flow example from the doc I linked earlier

Normal Call with DND and Call Forward No Answer Enabled on a Nonshared Line

The following steps show the call flow for a call that you make to a phone with both DND and Call Forward No Answer active:

1. Phone B configures Call Forward No Answer to forward calls to Phone C.

2. Phone B activates DND.

3. Phone A calls Phone B.

4. Phone B beeps and does not answer the call.

5. The call gets forwarded to phone C, which rings normally.

In your case VM would replace phone C in both steps 1 and 5

Cheers!

Rob

forgive as it is a long time ago but I need to implement DND and need it to go to VM . I don`t have access to CUCM - outsourced support  

Replacing VM in steps 1 & 5 , will the CFNA be straight away or will the diverted based upon the CFNA time? If this is the case is the DND in this call flow only used to disable the ring sound

thanks

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: