cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to reset 7942 to factory defaults on Callmgr 4.2(3)sr2b?

tdflowers
Level 1
Level 1

How do you reset a 7942 to factory default setting on a Callmgr 4.2(3) sr2b?

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Make sure you have DHCP and the TFTP you configured has the FW for the phone before attempting this or most likely you'll end up with a brick

Step 1 Unplug the power cable from the phone and then plug it back in. The phone begins its power up cycle.
Step 2 While the phone is powering up, and before the Speaker button flashes on and off, press and hold #. Continue to hold # until each line button flashes on and off in sequence in amber.
Step 3 Release # and press 123456789*0#.

You can press a key twice in a row, but if you press the keys out of sequence, the factory reset will not take place. After you press these keys, the line buttons on the phone flash red and the phone goes through the factory reset process. Do not power down the phone until it completes the factory reset process and the main screen appears.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Excellent!  TYVM this was very helpful!

Hi Jamie

I have entered in reset mode but i couldnt get out since i am nat using a router to give me a dhcp for my phone. what do u sugest i should do??

you need dhcp and tftp and firmware to be downloaded inside phone

You NEED to meet those requirement, if you didn't have, you might end up turning your phone into a brick. As I explained, and Tamir also explained, you NEED to have

DHCP

TFTP

FW

BEFORE you attempt the reset.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

i managed to get all the 3 requirments and my phone boot up as brand new.............tnx guys for the support

tdflowers
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks, this is great information. I tried this process and it did not work. DHCP and TFTP are working. I can connect another phone to this port and it works fine. The phone is sitting at the CISCO screen with Copyright 2002-2007.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: