cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 5.x SSL certification expiry

AskQ2Forum_2
Level 1
Level 1

On Unity 5.x when we originally loaded SSL certificates a certificate request from the Unity servers was extracted and we had that  signed by the customers CA. These were then loaded onto Unity which at that stage had a certificate request pending ( because we had made a request). The certificates are now  about to expire.

What will be the affect on Unity - will there be a expired certificate warning everytime we browse to the SA page? Can that be ignored and we can continue working or will there be a more serious issue i.e we can't login to the web page ?

To renew the certificate can I  assume that we don’t make another request to the CA  with a new certificate’s but instead ask for the existing ones to be extended and they get uploaded onto Unity.  However, where we previously had a pending request wizard  I don’t know what we will see this time at  the Unity end – perhaps we will get an expired certificate request  outstanding and a follow on wizard to renew?? Do I have to extract the existing cert and get it signed again by the CA or can they just use existing info that they have?

Is there a doc outlinng this, or any other advice appreciated ...best wishes, Jag

1 Reply 1

David Hailey
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Here's what will happen with the expired certification: http://www.petri.co.il/expired_ssl_website_certificate.htm

As for what you can do, when you go into IIS Directory Security and then access the cert via Secure Communications / Server Security, you can initiate the wizard and you should have the option to renew or remove the cert.