Views
Helpful
Replies

ACS 5.0 internat host import

vigyu1975
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All!

I would like to import some hosts to ACS. I know, the ACS give a template in a cvs file, but I don't upload anything. Can you help me?

The template:

MACAddress:String(64):Required,description:String(1024),"enabled:Boolean(true,false):Required",HostIdentityGroup:String(256)

Regads,

Gyuri

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jrabinow
Level 7
Level 7

The following is the process to import hosts into ACS 5.0

1) Go toUsers and Identity Stores: ... > Internal Identity Stores > Hosts, Press "Import" and then "Download Template"

2) Open the template file. The first line should be left unchanged. Underneath, records should be added with one record for each host

An example of the minimum that needs to be defined for a host is shown below:

11-22-33-44-55-66,,TRUE,                   //// Identity Group is left blank and top level node is assigned

Format of each line is ,,,

Each record occupies one line. Save the file

3) Once the records are created, press "Import". Select the file from "step 2" and press "Start Import". Import of the host records should start. Any errors will be displayed in the progress window

Note that ACS 5.0 allows only to add new rcords. In ACS 5.1, can also modify existing records and export them. ACS 5.1

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

jrabinow
Level 7
Level 7

The following is the process to import hosts into ACS 5.0

1) Go toUsers and Identity Stores: ... > Internal Identity Stores > Hosts, Press "Import" and then "Download Template"

2) Open the template file. The first line should be left unchanged. Underneath, records should be added with one record for each host

An example of the minimum that needs to be defined for a host is shown below:

11-22-33-44-55-66,,TRUE,                   //// Identity Group is left blank and top level node is assigned

Format of each line is ,,,

Each record occupies one line. Save the file

3) Once the records are created, press "Import". Select the file from "step 2" and press "Start Import". Import of the host records should start. Any errors will be displayed in the progress window

Note that ACS 5.0 allows only to add new rcords. In ACS 5.1, can also modify existing records and export them. ACS 5.1

Hi!

Thanks a lot. It is working.

BR,

Gyuri

Hi all!

i try to import hosts and get the error

2011-02-14 12:25:16: File Format Validation Failed

Header is incorrect. Download Import Template for required header record.

i have ACS 5.1

The file has following form:

"MACAddress:String(64):Required,description:String(1024),""enabled:Boolean(true,false):Required"",HostIdentityGroup:String(256)"

10-02-E3-53-EC-9A,,true,All Groups:Vdisk

10-19-DB-2B-A6-2B,first,true,All Groups

10-1B-78-F3-43-4F,,true,All Groups:Printers

10-30-C1-C5-E7-70,,true,All Groups:Printers

What should i do?

As I mentioned above the first two steps for host import:

1) Go toUsers and Identity Stores:... >Internal Identity Stores >Hosts, Press "Import" and then "Download Template"

2) Open the template file. The first line should be left unchanged

As long as you leave the first line from the template unchanged and only add the records underneath the import should fail. You should make sure that there are no new line or extra characters

I have a later release (5.2) but I think this functionality isrelatively unchanged and get the following for the header:

MACAddress:String(64):Required,description:String(1024),"enabled:Boolean(true,false):Required",HostIdentityGroup:String(256)
Compare this towhat you have:

"MACAddress:String(64):Required,description:String(1024),""enabled:Boolean(true,false):Required"",HostIdentityGroup:String(256)"

It appears that some extra quote characters have appeared. Hard to tell and if you attach the file itself can take a closer look

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: