paging

Answered Question
Dec 2nd, 2009
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

Hello

I'm looking to find out how I can configure the UC540 to 1 add the configured paging groups into another paging group so there is an all page via CCA. Then 2 I also want to have a button to push that indicates barge page and then type the extention of whom ever I want to barge in on, with 2 way conversation. This is a function that we use quite a bit with the linksys one, it's a nice feature minus the intrusive beeping. I'd personally hate to lose it, because I hate waiting for someone to answer a phone, but the office is big so I can't yell and it can turn into a lot of walking time when I need quick answers.

Thanks for any input

Steph

Correct Answer by Steven Smith about 7 years 6 months ago

Yes, that will do it. 

Here is the documentation for working with the paging groups.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmepage.html#wp1010379

Also, keep in mind to use the out of band config guide when you do this or CCA will not work with your config.

For 2.2, the out of band guide should be ready shortly, but isn't available today.

Correct Answer by Steven DiStefano about 7 years 6 months ago
Correct Answer by Steven Smith about 7 years 6 months ago

The paging of every phone isn't available today, but there is a way to make it happen.  If you want me to, I can give you the steps for CLI and will ask for the feature to be implemented into CCA.

On the second point, we have an intercom feature available with CCA.  It can do what you are looking for. 

Overall Rating: 5 (3 ratings)
Correct Answer
Steven Smith Thu, 12/03/2009 - 08:47
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

The paging of every phone isn't available today, but there is a way to make it happen.  If you want me to, I can give you the steps for CLI and will ask for the feature to be implemented into CCA.

On the second point, we have an intercom feature available with CCA.  It can do what you are looking for. 

SHeidemann Thu, 12/03/2009 - 13:43
User Badges:

Steven,

Yes, please do add the all page in the next release.

Where is the intercom feature in CCA for the barge 2 way conversation? I'm having trouble finding it.

Thanks for your help

Stephanie

SHeidemann Thu, 12/03/2009 - 13:54
User Badges:

Steven,

Maybe I did find it, but it's not exactly what I wanted. I want just one button and then type the extention, to save from using so many buttons for only one feature. The way our system currently works you can pres the one button to ring and wait for the extention to answer, or I can hit the 1 to 1 button then the button that also is monitoring anothers line and barge in on them. I'd prefer the same type of functionality. I can also barge in on any phone that I'm not monitoring by pressing the 1 to 1 and then the extention. Any idea how to accomplish this? Seems silly to require so many buttons to get to the same phone just to get the right function to take place. I did see someone elses post where it would be possible in CLI for what I'm looking for. I will assume I need to move to that. So please ask Cisco to add this function as well through CCA as I know I am not the only one looking for it.

Thanks for your help.

Stephanie

Steven Smith Thu, 12/03/2009 - 14:03
User Badges:

The CCA version is to do it with one button to one phone.  There is another way to do the intercom to make them dialable.  Let me find the documents for both of these.

Correct Answer
Steven Smith Thu, 12/03/2009 - 15:59
User Badges:

Yes, that will do it. 

Here is the documentation for working with the paging groups.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucme/admin/configuration/guide/cmepage.html#wp1010379

Also, keep in mind to use the out of band config guide when you do this or CCA will not work with your config.

For 2.2, the out of band guide should be ready shortly, but isn't available today.

SHeidemann Mon, 12/07/2009 - 14:14
User Badges:

The doc for the all page that I wanted worked awesome off tops. I wanted the intercom feature to work a bit differently, so that I could barge in via a button. I went ahead and configured things this way

ephone-dn 20

number 4201

label INTERCOM

description INTERCOM

name INTERCOM

intercom 4 barge-in no-mute

I also set up a speed dial for 4 system wide to use the feature in the local speed dial so that other users with less buttons could use it without remembering an extra number, and I left one phone without it to demonstrate restriction from barging in on certain phones. It's working beautifully now, I can press the intercom button and then my monitor key to the extention and it works like a charm.

CCA is still working and read the config as far as I can tell, it's a go.

Thanks for the help as always.

Stephanie

Actions

This Discussion