cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change Ring Tone depending on Calling Party?

joguevil2008
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am currently installing CUCM 6.1 in a client in order to change his existing old PBX. One of the features he has configured on his PBX is changing ring tones depending on the origin party. If the call is made internally, the ring tone is one and, if the call comes from the outside PSTN, sounds another different ring tone. Then, is there any way to migrate this feature to CUCM6.1? and, if so, how can I configure it? Is it supported natively? If not, is there any way to implement it through external resources?
I would appreciate your help and experience.

Thanks in advance.

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUCM doesn't offer this. At most you can change the cadence of the tones by changing the CCM service parameter "Call Classification"

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

No, i mean change that parameter.

You need to change it to off-net, you'll get a slight differente cadence on whatever ringtone your phone has for internal/external calls.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Unfortunately that's all we can do, we cannot change the cadence more than what that parameter already does

HTH

java

HTH

java

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

CUCM doesn't offer this. At most you can change the cadence of the tones by changing the CCM service parameter "Call Classification"

HTH

java

HTH

java

Thanks for your help,

can you explain how to change these cadences and how it works? I've seen Call Classification on Service Parameter -> Cisco CallManager(Active) -> Clusterwide Parameters but the only thing I can do is switching between Offnet/OnNet (I suppose it is used to stablish the default value for CAC when adding Route Patterns). Do you refer to timers above?

Thanks again

No, i mean change that parameter.

You need to change it to off-net, you'll get a slight differente cadence on whatever ringtone your phone has for internal/external calls.

HTH

java

HTH

java

ok, thank you. I've tested this issue and is ok. Just one more question, sorry. Do you know if it is possible to change or control the cadence? Just for make the difference greater.

Unfortunately that's all we can do, we cannot change the cadence more than what that parameter already does

HTH

java

HTH

java