Views
Helpful
Replies

Delayed ring on Shared Line

fdorazio1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have a user who has a shard line on her phone.  She wants a delayed ring on her shared line.  How can I do that.  The user has a 7961 phone and I have a Call Manager 6.

Thanks,

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You cannot, the messages are sent to all the phones that have the same line at the same time.

You would need to configure a line group or CF settings to ring the other line but it cannot be the shared line.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I do not mind it showing on the phone but is there something we can do to delay the ringing.

Thanks

NO, as i already mentioned the SCCP messages are sent to all the phones that have the shared line at the same time. You cannot instruct one to ring later than the others

HTH

java

HTH

java

Can't I create a ring tone that has like 15 sesconds of silence and then ringing.  Will that work?  Then assign the shared line that ring tone for that users.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Fiore,

It sounds like the user (user A) does not want the "shared" line to be answered

by the other user (user B) until after 15 seconds. If this is correct then you would be

better off to use the Call Forward No Answer (set @ 15 seconds) to send the call

from user A to user B for answering. This way user A's call will not be taken ahead

of the 15 seconds

Just a thought

Rob

I thought about the ringtone, but i'm not sure if it can be that long, because it would need to be at least something like 20 seconds (15 silence + ringtone).

The drawbacks of this would be that you would need to modify the CFNA timer to something greater and the user would still see the call, in case he's not there to hear the one ringtone, then it would be 15 seconds again of silence before he hears the ring again.

I would go with Rob's idea which i also mentioned in the 1st post ("You would need to configure a line group or CF settings to ring the other line but it cannot be the shared line.")

HTH

java

HTH

java