Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 7.0(2) and Exchange 2007

resinblade99
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We are currently running a Exchange 2007 SP1 production email environment. We do not have legacy features enabled (public folders) since we have Outlook 2007 clients across the board. In the Unity Install Guide, it mentions that 2007 legacy settings must be enabled for Unity to function properly.

What features will not work because legacy mode is not enabled? And is there a version of Unity 7 that has native Exchange 2007 support?

-Eric

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hoan Mai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Eric,

From my TAC exp, you need the OAB or else Unity won't deliver and forward messages properly.

It's a requirement that you need to enable the OAB per link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/upgrade/guide/ex/5xcuruge130.html#wp1359133

Rick Mai

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Seeing as this post has gone unanswered, I can give you my thoughts on your post. 

1. The ViewMail for Outlook form is installed in an organizational forms library/personal Outlook forms cache.  Organizational forms library is implemented differently in Exchange 2003 than in 2007.  I'm also thinking that Unity needs the Offline Address Book, which resides in Public Folders.  This is the step that is referenced in the Unity reconfiguration guide when moving from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007.  New Exchange 2007 organizations by default do not install Public Folders.

2. The typical procedure is to join a new Exchange 2007 server to an existing Exchange 2003 organization.  This allows Exchange 2003 servers to remain.  Some legacy integrations with Unity and other voicemail systems (Octel, AMIS, or VPIM), require the installation of a voice connector - which is only supported on Exchange 2003 servers.  New Exchange 2007 organizations do not allow Exchange 2003 servers to be added.  This configuration may not impact your deployment.

This may be a useful link from Microsoft on the architectural differences - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb397221.aspx

Before posting, I tried searching Cisco's knowledgebase and NetPro forum that confirms Unity's dependencies or use of the Offline Address Book, but I couldn't find anything specific.

Regards, Ginger

Hoan Mai
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Eric,

From my TAC exp, you need the OAB or else Unity won't deliver and forward messages properly.

It's a requirement that you need to enable the OAB per link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/5x/upgrade/guide/ex/5xcuruge130.html#wp1359133

Rick Mai

Thank you for the responses. TAC has confirmed that Public Folders/OAB are required for Unity to function correctly in an Exchange 2007 environment.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: