cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Incorporate US and GBNP dialing plans

wplantier
Level 1
Level 1

I have my CUCM up and running and US and US to international calls are working great. After I got my CUCM 7 up and running and all the dial plans working they have decided to add our London office to the mix. I current have a 9[2-9]XXXXXXX for local calls. I have added 9.@ for my London users but it prefers the US local call routes. What is the best way to fix this?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

7 Replies 7

asandborgh
Level 4
Level 4

Spencer,

I don't use 9.@ - like to put mine together from scratch,

Having done a bit of this for clients around the globe I have found that the easiest place to find 95% of the information to build a dial plan for a country is on Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Telephone_numbers_in_England

The following is from a gig a couple years ago - some country dial plans change on a regular basis so this might not be accurate today

Emer calls

Emer calls

Emer calls

Emer calls

0.00!

International dialing

0.00!#

International dialing with dial string terminating character

0.020XXXXXXXX

Local 11-digit dialing

0.0[1-8]XXXXXXXXX

11 digit dialing

0.07[5789]XXXXXXXX

Mobile – are mobile’s considered LD?

0.0900!

Blocks calls to 1-900 numbers

0.084!

0.087!

0.0800!

Toll Free numbers

Cheers!

Art

asandborgh
Level 4
Level 4

Oh - one thing about the chart I sent.  Normally from what I understand they dial 9

to get an outside trunk in England (I'm a yank), but this client wanted to use 0 for the trunk access code.  FYI

ooh - one more thing - this was an office in Hemel Hemstead, just NW of London so I'm not sure what would be a "local call" from you location

Additionally I always check out the dail plan with a local resource so they can add or correct before it goes into production.

I think thats it for now......

Paul Reck
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Spencer,

In addition to Art's good advice (+5) you also have the option of downloading and installing the GB Number plan

http://tinyurl.com/yhy65r3 (link to CCO downloads)

and you can then use the 9@ route pattern by selecting GBNP from the Numbering Plan drop down box, and use route filters to Class of Restriction in the same way you might use them for the US dial plan.

Paul

Normally from what I understand they dial 9 to get an outside trunk in England (I'm a yank), but this client wanted to use 0 for the trunk access code.

The 0 is used as the national trunk code for long distance calling. This will be followed by an area code and number.

In many offices, 9 is used to get a line out of the building you're in. This will be followed by a local number or by a 0 and then the long distance area code and number as above.

Hi Spencer

Typically your London phones should never reach the local, US 9[2-9]XXXXXXX pattern - if someone from the UK wants to dial the US they will dial  001whatever as it's international. The US 9[2-9]XXXXXXX should be in a partition that is not in the UK-phone CSS.

This will apply regardless of whether you use the UK dial plan/@ (which I would recommend and use all the time, as I'm UK based) or if you define the patterns manually.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts..

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

0.0[1-8]XXXXXXXXX           11 digit dialing

That pattern ignores the fact that 41 UK area codes have some numbers which are a digit shorter.

Additionally, all 0500 and some 0800 numbers are one digit shorter than usual.

0.07[5789]XXXXXXXX        Mobile

Mobile numbers also begin with 074XX these days.

Additionally, the 07624 range is used by mobile phones in the Isle of Man.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: