Views
Helpful
Replies

WGB association/re-association timing

jsarausos
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

Just want to ask a question:  what is the acceptable association or reassociation time for the WGB?

Our environment is on a shipyard, and AP's are mounted on a light mast around 30 meters high, and our WGB clients are mounted on the cranes, these cranes are moving around the area.  The cranes are around 15 meters high.  We are implementing Cisco LEAP.   I have noticed that the association or re-association timing of some of our WGB clients are taking around 50 seconds and some are more than 60 seconds before it was able to re-associate to another AP.

So in this case, is this a normal condition?

2 Replies 2

Kayle Miller
Level 7
Level 7

without some other details, at first glance it doesn't seem normal, is this happening with all the WGB's or just one or some? My first thought is that there maybe some sort of interference or issue with communication causing issues. I saw something very similiar at another shipyard.

Hi Kaye,

This issue is only happening to some but not all WGB Clients.  We did some site survey just using the netstumbler on the crane level and was able to see some rogue AP's, however their signal strength is not that strong at around -90 to -100 dbm.  Could this rogue AP's caused this issue to happen?  What are other external factors that may contribute to this interference?

Thanks!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card