cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MOBILE CONNECT (SNR) ISSUE - CUCM 6.1(3)

Afternoon all,

I have recently installed CUCM 6.1(3)within VWMare as a demo (license) for testing purposes.

The purpose of this project is to test new features before upgrading our live cluster (CUCM 5.1) next month.

I have created a non QSIG inter-cluster trunk between our live and test publishers. I am successfully dialling out of an MGCP gateway on our live cluster via the inter-cluster trunk.

I am currently testing your feature Mobile Connect (SNR). I have successfully configured mobile connect with a remote profile and remote profile destination which is set to dial my mobile/cell phone. I am successfully able to get both my IP desk phone (7970) and cell phone to ring simultaneously. The connect line light appears on my desk phone when speaking on the mobile.

However, when I disconnect my mobile I am not able to resume the call on my IP (desk) phone. The call is simply dropped. If I press my line button I get the message 'No Conference Bridge'.

I have configured my device's built in bridge as 'ON. I have also configured a Cisco IOS Conference Bridge and added it to a Media Resource Group, but to no avail.

I have also tested this feature by configuring a H323 gateway on CUCM 6.1(3) and set it dial out of the local gateway, but still no luck.

Does this feature not fully work under these test conditions?

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Jamie Weatherhead

jamie.weatherhead@charles-stanley.co.uk

6 Replies 6

Ajay Singh
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Jammie,

SNR works perfectly fine with MGCP gateway as well. I have tested this in my lab. Once you pick the call from your mobile phone, the deskphone goes on hold. After disconnecting from cell phone you should press RESUME soft key on deskphone. There is no need to press Line button on deskphone because it will not invoke SNR feature.I have configured with standard SNR configuration parameters from features and services guide.

HTH

Ajay

Hi Ajay,

Whether this SNR feature is supported in MGCP also?? i was under impression that only H.323 gateways are supported...

Rgds.

Partha

It depends on  how you  use it for purely SNR then it work with MGCP and H323 however if you want MVA i.e DISA or dialling in to the systm enter a PIN and then dial back out again then H323 is required due to the need to install a vxml script on the H323 GW

acharyr123
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

I need only Single No Reach feature.People also should be able to dial in from the remote destination..for this scenario whether MGCP will work...

Rgds

Partha

"People also should be able to dial in from the remote destination" then you need H323 GW

Thanks a lot...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: