Views
Helpful
Replies

Install IPCC in HP DL380G5

ma.romero
Level 2
Level 2

Hi,

I have the next problem when I try to install a Cisco Windows 2003.1.2 in the server of my client which HP Proliant DL380 G5 E5420.

The Cisco OS show me the error: The array controller or hardware failed during operation. The system will reboot. Error code 2822.

The array controller is P400.

All is compatible with Cisco OS and IPCC 5.0(2).

How I do to configure the array correctly? I use the ACU and configure the array RAID 0, RAID 1+0 with a one logical drive. And the system fail always.

Can somebody say me how I do to configure the Array correctly?

Thanks for all.

8 Replies 8

geoff
Level 10
Level 10

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cust_contact/contact_center/crs/express_compatibility/matrix/crscomtx.pdf

You normally don't have to concern yourself with the array, as the OS installer will configure it.

According to the document above, DL380-G5 requires OS 2000.4.5 or OS 2003.1.2a. You say you have 2003.1.2 - is this suitable?

Do you have two processors? - if so it needs 4 drives.

Regards,

Geoff

HI,

I need to install Cisco OS 2003.1.2 and after a IPCC 5.0(2).

Thanks.

Rajiv Lal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

There are two things that you can check here:

1)Check for the  Raid backup batteryand it should be there on the server.

2) PCI-X/E Mixed Riser card should be there on slot 1 for HP DL380G5  as per the below doc:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/product_solution_overview09186a0080107d79.html

Please get the above two things checked.

If the server is purchased from HP then contact then and get the above two verified or if its purchased from Cisco please contact TAC.

HTH

I don't know whether it's true on the Windows installer, but I can tell you from experience that on the Linux (CUCM, CUPS) installer, the low-level BIOS functions cannot detect the presence or absence of the extra battery for the BBWC. I would expect that the low-level hardware interpretation is similar on these two installers.

Don't know about detecting the presence of absence of the riser card.

Regards,

Geoff

Hi,

i had exactly the same problem and the problem was missing Raid backup battery.

Regards

Rajiv

Hi,

How I resolve the issue of RAID BACKUP BATTERY?

I think that it can be by this hardware problem.

please contact HP and get it checked.

Rajiv writes:

i had exactly the same problem and the problem was missing Raid backup battery.

Well, I'm pretty impressed that BIOS level commands can detect if the RAID controller has the large battery or not, but I guess it may be able to see if the memory of the BBWC has been upgraded. These things go together. But I don't have experience with the Cisco Windows OS installer on this particular point to be certain.

As far as contacting HP and having it checked, most likely, he did not order the performance model, which would have included the BBWC upgrade kit (but that's the 2 processor / 4GB model), and did not order the part - this is not a standard addition when the non-performance model is ordered.

The first thing the original poster should do is check what was ordered.

Regards,

Geoff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: