cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

No SNMP Support in Blocker?

davec
Level 1
Level 1

Do the Cisco Blocker devices support SNMP monitoring?

We have a B10 Blocker that we are very pleased with (chose it over Barracuda after a head to head comparison) but the one feature it lacks for us is SNMP monitoring support. Well, that and the ability to do remote unattended shutdown from a UPS signal.

Am I missing something?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

bethingt
Level 1
Level 1

There is SNMP support on the blocker it is just disabled by default. If you look in the advance user guide that came on disk that came with the blocker it will show you the steps on enableing SNMP. Hope this helps!!!!

Brian

View solution in original post

jsteer
Level 1
Level 1

We also have MIB's you can use to import & monitor as well from products like Cacti.

If you want MIB's - contact me.

Jason

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

bethingt
Level 1
Level 1

There is SNMP support on the blocker it is just disabled by default. If you look in the advance user guide that came on disk that came with the blocker it will show you the steps on enableing SNMP. Hope this helps!!!!

Brian

jsteer
Level 1
Level 1

We also have MIB's you can use to import & monitor as well from products like Cacti.

If you want MIB's - contact me.

Jason

I would like the mibs please: info at snetworks.com

Just a note, we had SNMP running, and went I upgraded to 7 it disabled it again. A little concerning.

Bob James

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: