Views
Helpful
Replies

Authentications for Users

205000jag
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I have cisco 3750 switch on the site and users with in the site are using WYSE terminals to access their session from DC and CITRIX servers from data center.

Router on MPLS Cloude >> CISCO 3750 Switches>> Users

is there a way or authentications /configurations on switch where only authenticated user can log on to the network.

i mean can i configure switch as a radius server (Silly question I know) and/or aaa for any user who bring the laptop/device or existing users whenever they connect to the network there should be authentivation method username or password to access the network....

regards

1 Reply 1

Ricardo Prado Rueda
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

If the users you want to authenticate connect directly to the 3750 switches, you could try using 802.1x. With this option

they have to authenticate themselves when they connect to the 3750, if the authentication is not successful the port will not

forward any packets to the rest of the network:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/release/12.2_40_se/configuration/guide/sw8021x.html

Regards,

Rick.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: