Views
Helpful
Replies

CUE Voicemail box for extension without phone

harisivaji
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to create an extension for an department so that in night time if there is a call which will be forwarded to VM. That extension will be conffigured as VM to Email.Since it is a general department number i cannot assosiate to any Mac ie Phone.

In CUE iam not able to create any voicemail box specific to an extension without Mac but i did the same in Unity server

Is this a limitation or iam wrong in some step.

Can i create a dummy Mac in CME for this to work

or

Any other suggestion please

Thanks,

Hari

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

asandborgh
Level 4
Level 4

Hari,

yes you should be able to use a dummy Mac, but you might want to consider

a GDM - General Delivery Mailbox -

General delivery mailbox (GDM)—This mailbox is assigned to a group of subscribers. (See "Adding and Modifying a Group" on page 135 for the definition of group members.) All members in the group have access to the mailbox. When a caller leaves a message in this mailbox, no MWI is turned on. Instead, when a member logs in to the personal mailbox, the mailbox menu allows the member to access the messages in each GDM to which the member belongs. Only one person can access the GDM at a time. After the first person saves or deletes a message in the GDM, the message is no longer played as "new" for any subsequent members

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel3_2/administrator/voicemail/3VMpara.html#wpmkr1011627

HTH,

Art

View solution in original post

Hari,

Any user that you want to have the capability to access the GDM VM box for retrieving the messages you should add to the group that is associated with the GDM.  When they sign into THEIR OWN VM box they will have a new option on the opening menu - dial 9 to access GDM.  From there they can change the greeting and access the messages.

HTH,

Art

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

kerrioliver
Level 1
Level 1

In CUCM we would use a CTI Route Point for what you are wishing to do.  However, I am not sure if that is available in CME.

asandborgh
Level 4
Level 4

Hari,

yes you should be able to use a dummy Mac, but you might want to consider

a GDM - General Delivery Mailbox -

General delivery mailbox (GDM)—This mailbox is assigned to a group of subscribers. (See "Adding and Modifying a Group" on page 135 for the definition of group members.) All members in the group have access to the mailbox. When a caller leaves a message in this mailbox, no MWI is turned on. Instead, when a member logs in to the personal mailbox, the mailbox menu allows the member to access the messages in each GDM to which the member belongs. Only one person can access the GDM at a time. After the first person saves or deletes a message in the GDM, the message is no longer played as "new" for any subsequent members

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity_exp/rel3_2/administrator/voicemail/3VMpara.html#wpmkr1011627

HTH,

Art

Hai,

GDM is one option as Art suggested.

You can also create a dummy DN with CFA to VM pilot on the CME and not assign this to any phone. ON CUE, you may create a user for this DN on CUE and set up a mailbox for this user. You can then check the Voice Mails for this DNs, by dialing VM pilot and entering the DN as user id and relevant PIN number or have voice mail to email notification set up.

Dummy DN and GDM as suggested by Art, both should work well for you.

HTH

~~

Udit

Hi Thankyou

I have used your suggestion of GDM iam able to configure what i  require, but in that iam not able to change the greeting since there is no PIN number assosiated. Can i configure PIN number for this?

How an member or Owner will check the maibox for this GDM

Thanks,

Hari

Hari,

Any user that you want to have the capability to access the GDM VM box for retrieving the messages you should add to the group that is associated with the GDM.  When they sign into THEIR OWN VM box they will have a new option on the opening menu - dial 9 to access GDM.  From there they can change the greeting and access the messages.

HTH,

Art

Hi Art,

Its working perfectly

Thankyou Verymuch for your Sponataneous Reply

Regards,

Hari

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: