Views
Helpful
Replies

UCCX call transfer to Voicemail

harisivaji
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to redirect or do a call transfer in scripting so that caller can leave an voicemail.

In my scenario user will call an DID ie an number for an department not specific to an user.

I planned to create an extension for vm use of that department so when there is a call and when it hit that script which will change the calling number to that extension so i can reach particular Voicemail box when redirected

but how can i change calling number in the script

or

Any other way to achieve this.

Thanks,

Hari

17 Replies 17

Hari,

you can use multiple ways to assign and change numbers.  Use a variable and then assign your desired numbers.  You can use system provided calling number or save it to variable and change it etc and use your variable to transfer a call to.

hope it helps.

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You do not need to modify the calling number. If you did, Unity would prompt the caller for their PIN instead of playing the greeting. There are two ways to do this:

1. Perform a Call Redirect to the Unity pilot number. On the Call Redirect step, set the Called Address parameter to Preserve. Configure the mailbox with the extension of the CTI Route Point that was called; or, add the CTI Route Point as an alternate extension.
  2. Create a directory number in UCM and set Call Forward All to voicemail. Perform a call redirect to that directory number and set the Called Address parameter to Rest to Destination (the default).

Ya i did as you mentioned it is working fine.

Thanks,

Hari

Johnathan,

That's neither clean nor scalable. That method should be reserved for call handlers, directory handlers, et. al.

A better solution would be (in Unified CM):

1. Create a new Voice Mail Profile, name it 'xferToVM'

2. Set the Mask as XXXX (assuming 4 digit dial plan)

3. Create a new CTI Route Point.

4. Add DN to CTI Route Point, example: *1XXXX (assuming 4 digit dial plan)

5. Set Forward All Calls To Voicemail

6. Save, reset.

In your script, use the redirect step to transfer to "*1" + the extension.

Don't forget to mark the call as handled (if necessary) to insure better reporting, otherwise call will be marked as abandoned.

Your method would require you create a CTI Route Point for each number you wish to directly transfer to voicemail, while this may be fine for 1 number, beyond that scaling is a support nightmare. Additionally, my method provides the ability for users to transfer directly to voicemail should the need arise.

Cheers,

Tanner Ezell

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com

the methods Jonathan mentioned practical

what you mean scaleable ?

in UCCX there is no best way,  depends on the business requirements maybe someone require the call to go to a person mailbox others to a special voicemail and so on

I mean just that, it is not scalable.

What if you had a need to transfer to more than just ONE voicemail box?

Are you going to create a CTI Route Point, assign it a DN, forward it to voicemail, and then give that DN to the voicemail box of the user as an alternate extension for every user you need to direct transfer to voicemail?

Sure, that's fine for 1 user. Maybe 2, but it is not scalable and it's bad design. How are you going to manage that long term? And the next person after you?

My method is infinitely scalable, requiring only one CTI Route Point to be created to allow for ANYONE to Call/Transfer direct to voicemail of any number. No need for alternate extensions for every account and so on, etc.

Additionally, I disagree, business requirements are what they are, but how you achieve them programmatically can vary greatly. There are 'best practices' and better development techniques than others.

Tanner Ezell www.ctilogic.com

ok if you looking for simple scalable way you can use the bellow method

create VM in unity extension lets say 1234

in your script in the call redirect put the destination as the unity pilot number

in the called address select reset to and put the number "1234"

that's it, you do not need any CTI or any masks easy and scalable all the redirected calls will go direct to 1234 voice mail

good luck

if helpful Rate

Hi

Just to throw another option on the list!

A common way I do this is like so:

1) Set up a second DN on the handset of the people responsible for dealing with the Voicemail, e.g. 1234. Set this to Cfwdall to VM.

2) In your script, to send to VM, just redirect to 1234. No fancy params needed.

The advantage of this method is that when there is a voicemail left, all the users that have the 1234 line on their phone will be notified on the handset that there are voicemails waiting, and can get at the mailbox easy by hitting the line key then Messages.

Hope this helps

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

I use Marwansahi's method in the UCCX script to redirect to the voicemail box, but I use a vari

ation of aaronharrison's second DN on users phones to access the inbox and receive notifications.

I place the extension 1234 on the second button of users' phones that need to check the voicemail box and be notified when a message is in the inbox, but I also configure that line with a calling search space that only has access to a translation pattern of NULL that redirects to the voicemail pilot point. The user only has to select the button to go to the inbox to check messages (emulates a speeddial).

@tanner.ezell  I couldn't agree with you more!  Great Post!

I read the following in the help file on CCX Editor.

Note       

The Call Redirect step creates a new call which can result in double counting of an inbound call on real-time reports. Use the Select Resource Step if you do not want this to occur.

Does this hold true even when you are doing a Call Redirect to a Voicemail Pilot?

Luis Sanchez wrote:

I read the following in the help file on CCX Editor.

Note       

The Call Redirect step creates a new call which can result in double counting of an inbound call on real-time reports. Use the Select Resource Step if you do not want this to occur.

Does this hold true even when you are doing a Call Redirect to a Voicemail Pilot?

This passage does not apply to redirecting callers to voicemail.

Anthony Holloway

Please use the star ratings to help drive great content to the top of searches.

Dmitry Sidorov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.

I try to make redirect from uccx script, directly to voicemail and no success. My variant is:

Perform a Call Redirect to the Unity pilot number. On the Call Redirect step, set the Called Address parameter to Preserve. Configure the mailbox with the extension of the CTI Route Point that was called;

Calls dropped after redirect. What may be the reason?

Dmitry,

If this is the first time you set up a redirect to voicemail, you may not have the voicemail pilot or ports partition in the CSS of your UCCX ports.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: