cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MPLS config (BGP)

jason.michel
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, I am very noob at this, but what I have is an MPLS network between currently 5 sites currently, we are adding a new site.  So I have 2 2811's one at main site(division) and one at remote site(40) All internet needs to flow through Division site.  I am basically asking someone to look at my configs to see if i've succesfully accomplished this..thanks a ton in advanced.  Attached are the configs.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Nagendra Kumar Nainar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The main site configuration appears to have Internet Gateway connected to your LAN interface. Is it managed by you?.

I see NAT configuration at main site and private address seems to be NATted to private again. Any specific reason?.

Regards,

Nagendra

View solution in original post

Jason,

As you are advertising the default route via BGP from your main site, you must have it in your remote site installed in routing table.

Regards,

Nagendra

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Nagendra Kumar Nainar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

The main site configuration appears to have Internet Gateway connected to your LAN interface. Is it managed by you?.

I see NAT configuration at main site and private address seems to be NATted to private again. Any specific reason?.

Regards,

Nagendra

yes, there is a sonicwall device which is the (10.24) address. it handles filtering etc.  so there was an issue with nat from the remote sites to that sonicwall device, so added another Ip  10.13 and natted everything to that, which let traffic bound for internet go out properly through firewall.  Not the prettiest config I know..but the goal is to get everything up and then tweak it the way we want.

Jason,

Otherwise, I see the config to be in working mode

HTH,

Nagendra

so i don't need to specify a default route at remote site..that was my only concern.

Jason,

As you are advertising the default route via BGP from your main site, you must have it in your remote site installed in routing table.

Regards,

Nagendra

oh ok, so becuase the main site is advertising the default route via bgp, the remotes sites will have that in their table automatically?  So no further config is needed at the remote site?

Jason,

You are right.

Regards,

Nagendra

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: