cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Play custom message on busy CUCM IP trunk?

emorgan
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I would like to play a custom message when users are dialing from CUCM to an IP trunk and the IP end-point is not available.

My setup is CUCM 7 to a gatekeeper controlled trunk to several CMEs.

When CMEs are disconnected from the network (VPN down), CUCM users get a busy tone for that destination.  I would like to replace the busy by a message saying something like "this destination is currently not available for internal dialing, please use the public network...".

I can make use of CUCM, Unity and gateways for the solution.

Thanks for your help,

Eric

2 Replies 2

asandborgh
Level 4
Level 4

Eric,

Never tried this but it might work:

Add an intercluster trunk back to your CCM (loops back in)

Add that trunk the route list that the gatekeeper trunk is in and make the ICT the second choice

create a new CSS and partition (for the ICT inbound) - in the partition create a route pattern that matches anything (empty) and then prefix the called number with a DN of a CTI port that is CFA to Unity

On Unity record your message with the after message action as hang-up

Just a thought....

Art

PS - make sure the service parameter "stop routing on unallocated" is set to false - just in case.

Thanks for the great tip.

I took your loopback to CUCM idea, but instead of using a second trunk, I created an H.323 gateway using the CUCM ip address.  This gateway is the second choice for my route list and in the route group detail I just change the called number.  The new called number maps to a CTI port which is forwarded to voicemail.  From there a matching call handler plays the error message and hangs up.

Takes about 3 seconds to switch from the failed trunk to the error messages, but works perfectly.

Thanks again.

This is really an amazing forum.

Eric

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: