cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

sh run information

raindrop18
Level 1
Level 1

I am trying to write a cgi script to pull certain information from  Cisco 1200 series Ap. whic need a privilege access to get this information and I don't want added any kind of login credential on the script.is there any body out there able to pull sh run information from any Cisco devices? snmpwalk or snmpget able to get such information from cisco devices.....any kind of suggestion highly appreciated.

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You'll need some kind of privileged credential known to your CGI to do this.  You will either need to hard-code it, pull it from a database, or prompt the user for it.  You could use telnet/SSH obviously, or you could use an SNMP SET to trigger a TFTP or RCP copy of the config.  See http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk362/technologies_configuration_example09186a0080094aa6.shtml for more on using the CISCO-CONFIG-COPY-MIB to trigger a config upload.

thanks a lot for your suggestion, I am more intereste user prompt to enter user name/password  or interactive. i have never did such script. do you know or have any example written cgi or any scripting language. thanks as always for your expertise.

There are plenty of examples out on the internet where you use an HTML form along with a CGI script to process user input.  I don't know of any specific examples which grab credentials, then do a show run, though.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: