cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inbound caller id with name not showing on SPA504G and UC540

stacy.thompson
Level 3
Level 3

We have a UC540 on a Cbeyond SIP circuit. On all of our UC520's and Cbeyond SIP installs, the inbound call displays the caller id number AND company name ( if available).  The 504 handset only shows the caller id phone number.

I am not sure if it's the small screen of the 504?  or a setting we need to adjust in the UC540 configs?

I imagine it's a simple thing to address, but I'm not sure what to do to fix this. Please advise.

Thank you,

Stacy

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I have already asked the question of if and when, but haven't received a response yet.  Since the if hasn't been confirmed, when might be pretty far out.

I don't think the problem is in the IOS, but the actual script that runs BACD.  But, since I don't think anyone is working on it now, I don't think the chances are good that you will get one soon as a special load.

As far as other call routing and keeping calling name, I would have to do lots of testing, but I don't think you will end up with anything as good as BACD without using another type of script.

View solution in original post

18 Replies 18

Steven DiStefano
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Stacy,

I have a CBeyond SIP trunk DID mapped in CCA 2.2 Incoming Dial Plan to extension 211 (a SPA504G).

When I dial this DID I get the same info as I do on other Cisco phones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7n99eY34Tr0

I love the youtube video showing me what you're talking about. Unfortunately, your example isn't even showing the inbound caller id phone number.

So in the video you sent- it shows Out Of Area and no phone number. The issue we're seeing is it displays the phone number, but the name of the company either a) isn't coming thru at all or b) simply cannot be displayed on this handset type's screen.  I only have 525's and 504's at this custmer site so I am unable to verify that it does in fact have the company name of the inbound caller.

I am not sure if it is something we can fix or if it's 'the way it is' on the 504's. I can tell you that a customer expects to see BOTH caller id and name of the company calling on their inbound calls. Their old TDM phones displayed it and I know 79XX phones do too...

I am looking for a definitive answer of either-

YES the phone should show both and here is the command to fix it

-or-

NO the SPA phones do not show that much info on their screen.  and I really hope this isn't the answer!

Help still needed,

Stacy

Sorry, but yes it does.

8 392 5524 is the Caller ID (I made the call from a Cisco CM phone on the campus.  Out of Area is where you would see the name.

Look again please.

Ahhhhh I looked again- sorry the part where it had the number is very very blurry on my screen.

So it looks liek teh name is on the screen display towards the top- and the phone number is on the bottom in the FROM: field.

Ours is not behaving that way- ours is showing the number in the top display and no name anywhere.

Does it matter that is is coming in to a BACD on the UC first- then going thru a sequential ring? I wouldn't think that should matter, but I better ask.

I just saw another posting asking for a debug- I can run that tomorrow and see what I get and send it on here.

Thanks !

This is snapshots.  perhaps the video was too fast.  This time I used my cell to call into the DID of the 504....

IDLE:

504_idle.GIF

Call:

504_call.GIF

As mentioend in my replies, we have the calls coming in to a BACD group... when I tested calling a DID directly, caller id name passes without an issue.

But when we call the Main line, in to the BACD, the caller id with name does pass through.

Our set up is this:

Main line comes in to a dummy Main ext 5111 --> 5111 is forwarded to pilot# 5002 which is a BACD sequential ring scenario --> out to agent extensions.

How can I get the system to pass ALL of the caller id info- number AND name through the BACD?

We have to leave 5111 as the 'dummy' main line so we can toggle night mode on and off using the night code.

HELP !

Stacy

This sounds like it might be a bug in the BACD script.  Would you mind opening a TAC case for this?

This is on a UC540 , so it has to be S-TAC correct ?  Do you have access to those cases as well ?

-Stacy

Yes, I do have access to that. 

Opened Case # 613159965.

please please please tell me it's a bug and not a feature limitation ! 

thx,

stacy

I have spoken to the team that works with BACD.  Calling Name is not supported when going through BACD.

SO that is the final word on it?  ugh... few last questions:

1) Is this a roadmap item or plan to add this ability in the future?  If so, any ETA?

2) Is there anyone who can write a special image or IOS for this particular case?

3) Any ideas on how I can accomplish similar call routing without a BACD?  Maybe an AA that greets and redirects calls to a sequential ephone hunt group...will caller id with name pass in a regular sequential ring hunt group?  I might be mixing up my terminology of ephone hunts and voice hunts...

Stacy

I have already asked the question of if and when, but haven't received a response yet.  Since the if hasn't been confirmed, when might be pretty far out.

I don't think the problem is in the IOS, but the actual script that runs BACD.  But, since I don't think anyone is working on it now, I don't think the chances are good that you will get one soon as a special load.

As far as other call routing and keeping calling name, I would have to do lots of testing, but I don't think you will end up with anything as good as BACD without using another type of script.

Any response back on the IF and the WHEN yet?

So this client purhcased the UC540 specifically for a BACD. Any end user would simply expect the caller id with name service would flow like normal regardless of any call queueing and routing. So now what do I do?

I have been thinking I would create an AA with a simple welcome greeting with an automatic redirect to a sequential hunt group.

From there I would have a time out of a 2nd AA ext .

That would play a please hold message and have an automatic redirect to a second sequential group with the same members but a  different termination point.

That should FEEL the same to the callers and agents.

- And my group pick up softkey woudl be able to grab those same members even if they are in both hunt groups, right?

- What am I missing? What parts aren't going to like this?

-  Can I have two different seq. hunt pilots with the same members.   and even if a call from hunt grp 1 AND a call from hunt grp 2 sends calls to the same user at the same time, they have a dual line so i shouldn't have any issues right?

I am forced to create this odd solution to give them caller id with name and the feel of an agent queue.

Any input or advice?

Stacy

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: