525 4 lines? GPickup

Unanswered Question
Dec 3rd, 2009
User Badges:
  • Bronze, 100 points or more

Hello,

When I first heard about the SPA525 I was really excited to see & get one. I'm really with Cisco on what they are trying to do with this phone because potentially it will be the beat all in an environment like ours. 4 lines they say it's suppose to have. CCA doesn't give me the option to use them though. What do I need to do to make them work? I didn't realize about it at first until I went to configuring pickup groups. SPA525 wasn't in my options to add. Is it that I need dual line to be part of a pickup group? I went ahead and tried picking up from the phone anyway just to see what would happen, I found my call got stuck somewhere in the AA. I realize Cisco is planning on making some fancy thing happen with the 525's all over the place but please don't take away their interoperability with the 7900's, our customers may try one on for size, but they are not going to integrate an untested product all over the place, and if they don't deliver with the 7900's, they're going to go out the door.

Please help me add this phone to the GPickup.

Thanks

Stephanie

Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Steven DiStefano Thu, 12/03/2009 - 14:42
User Badges:
  • Blue, 1500 points or more

I may have misunderstood, but it can be added.  Below showing CCA 2.2.

SPA525G is a dual line extnsion.  I assigned it to group 1.

When any phone in that group rings, i press Group Pickup softkey followed by "1" and it picked up.

GPKUP.GIF

SHeidemann Fri, 12/04/2009 - 10:17
User Badges:

Guess I need your help figuring where I'm going wrong then. Here is what I mean by not being able to change the line to dual.

no line option 525.bmp

and here is my capture of not being able to select the 525 into the group

525 not an option.bmp

(hope the images come out o'kay.I've never posted screen shots before.)

Also you can see the ephones from my running config in the attached doc.

Thank you,

Stephanie

Attachment: 
Steven Smith Fri, 12/04/2009 - 11:24
User Badges:
  • Gold, 750 points or more

525 phones do not support octoline.  So, you won't have the option to pick between dual and octo.  They are by default dual line.  Your config shows that they are dual line as well.

I can't see the second image of the pickup groups.  On my system, I can add 525's to pickup groups.  I can add them to pickup groups with phones that are running octo lines as well.  But, the phones can only be in 1 pickup group.

SHeidemann Mon, 12/07/2009 - 14:51
User Badges:

I thought I should see the option of single line or dual line, not too worried about octo line at this point. I suppose I don't need to change it so I guess I don't need to see it. However I do need to see it as an option for adding it to the pickup group. I only have 1 pickup group configured so it is not part of any other pickup group. Do you have any idea what other configuration may need to be in place for it to show as an option. I can't tell at this point without some guidance how to get it there. Here is my retry of a better image so that you can clearly see it is not listed as an option. It's working with all other phones that has allowed it in. I wonder what will happen if I do it from CLI. I'm going to give that a go, maybe CCA will pick it up then.

525 not an option.bmp

Steven Smith Mon, 12/07/2009 - 14:59
User Badges:

Would you mind posting your config?  I can't seem to make this fail like you have done.

SHeidemann Mon, 12/07/2009 - 15:10
User Badges:

Here it is. I did just add it via CLI and it works great, but I also closed CCA and opened back up to let it read the information again. I had taken the one phone out of the group, wondering if it was due to a maximum limit to a group or something. It showed that one not in the group, but still no 525 showing up in the group. Something quirky with CCA reading it, and I don't understand why.

Thanks for looking

Stephanie

Attachment: 
Steven Smith Mon, 12/07/2009 - 15:20
User Badges:

Something I see, but not sure it would effect it... why are ephone 4 and ephone 5 there?  Have you made some changes via CLI before this? 

SHeidemann Thu, 12/10/2009 - 08:05
User Badges:

No, not that I recall, nothing involving e-phones, just ephone-dn's for the all page and for adding the intercom button. I've also had to go in the voice-service-voip for my sip connection. I don't know what those ephones are reserved for but I wonder if they are for fxs analog phones? I know that with initial configuration the wizard does not allow to disable all fxs ports, though it gives the option to.  It has always errored and not allow me to move on without enabling at least one. I just left it at default,for 1. I may be way off base with that thought, but I figure I would throw it out there anyway.

Do you suggest I remove them? If so is there a way via CCA?

Thanks for your help

Stephanie

Steven Smith Thu, 12/10/2009 - 11:09
User Badges:

Can you post your CCA debugs when you look at the screen?  I think that might help understand why the phone isn't showing up.

SHeidemann Fri, 12/11/2009 - 09:53
User Badges:

O kay, here is the phone debug. I just noticed as well that the 7965 ext 204, is not showing as an option either. I guess I missed it because the function works on the phone, but if you look at the ephone-dn 13 that it is associated with, there is no pickup group configured in the running config, at least that I can see. Strange that it works anyway.

Please excuse my delay...snow:(

Stephanie

SHeidemann Thu, 12/17/2009 - 09:20
User Badges:

Well I figured it out. Should have thought of it sooner, but of course I've got to make it harder then it is. Some funny stuff in the configuration was that even though the config wasn't showing my 7965 phone in the pickup group it was still functioning like it was. I went ahead and added the configuration to it's dn just to make it look like it was operating right. For some reason the SPA525 phone was not configured with the call-forward noan 300 timeout 10, and the call-forward busy 300, so it also was not moving my call to voicemail, I fixed that.

The 1 thing that the 2 phones that weren't showing up for group pickup were also the only phones configured with SNR. My CCA was not picking up that it was configured on those 2 phones, but I knew it was. So after I took it out in CLI I reconfigured a different phone via CCA and sure enough it dropped out of the pickup group, or at least that's what CCA thinks. Actually in the config it is still there, and the function is still working.

So if you want any phones part of a pickup group configuring via CCA you will need to do this before you give them a SNR and remember that they are part of the pickup group, you just can't undo it or see it in CCA, unless you unconfigure the SNR as well.

So there you go, now you should know how to recreate my problem.

Thanks

Steven Smith Thu, 12/17/2009 - 12:22
User Badges:

Let me forward this along.  I do appreciate you working on this and figuring out the issue.

Actions

This Discussion