Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity 4.0.5 reinstall encounter error

potan
Level 1
Level 1

Hi ;

encounter that the Unty 4.0.5 applicaiton been corrupted, Try uninstall Unity, but there is no option for this. But manage unisnstall Exchange and SQL, let original OS Win2K remain. Then follow the installation guie start Unity installation from SQL, Exchange then Unity. Till unity portion "

Cisco Unity Installation and Configuration Assistant" encounter error which can't fix in step 4.  "Step 4. Configure the Cisco Unity Services". Untill the end the error shown as below ;

Grant Unity access CUCMSUNITY\UnityDirSvc

Link to account to subscriber

Result FAILED. Error 0x80040e07

InsertCredential, sp_SetSid: Error converting data type nchar to uniqueidentifier.

Grant Unity access CUCMSUNITY\UnityMsgStoreSvc

Link to account to subscriber

Result FAILED. Error 0x80040e07

InsertCredential, sp_SetSid: Error converting data type nchar to uniqueidentifier.

I beliwve is database issue, I try with the command "ConfigMgr" and select "Run Database Configuration Script" to fix the database, but not able to. Appreciate that anybody can advice for the solution. Thanks.

rgds

tan

3 Replies 3

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Couple things.

there is an uninstall for Unity - you'll find it under \commserver\utilities\

You can also download it from here:

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/Unity/UninstallUnity/UninstallUnity.html

unfortunately if you've already waxed a bunch of files off there it's not an option any longer.  Uninstalling Unity requires unregistering services, removing numerous branches from the registry, removing properties from objects in AD, removing entire object classes (location objects for instance) from the directory, dropping DB tables etc...

if I were you I'd reinstall Windows from scratch - running down all the possible COM registration issues or the like that may be crossing you up here is going to be sketchy at best and you'll never be able to be sure you got them all - I install new systems for testing every week or two - it doesn't take that long to do it from the bones up vs. rummaging around trying to clean things up once it's in a state like this.  Just my two cents on that.

i can't start from scratch, because i don't have OS CD. that's reason need to start from uninstall SQL, Exchange. Will try out your advice. Will let you know the status. Pls stay on. Hope can chat with you later for the result. Thanks.

Hi lindborg ;

i did uninstall as per last mail, in directory  \commserver\utilities\. Manage uninstall Unity, and this round reinstall unity again wihtout any issue. Thanks so much for your advice.

rgds

tan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: