Transfer between SPA962 - SPA942 fails to transmit voice.

Unanswered Question
Dec 3rd, 2009

I have an SPA9000 ITSP setup running SPA942 and 962 Phones and an SPA400 Voicemail server.

The issue is with transfer functionality. When transfering phones from one of the two SPA962's to any 942 the user trying to transfer cannot hear the user that is at the transfer destination. Also if a blind transfer is executed the call is lost altogether. However if this same process is attempted with any of the SPA942 devices the transfer is successful in all aspects.

Any help is always appreciated.

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
Alberto Montilla Fri, 12/04/2009 - 02:40

Dear Matthew;

This should work flawlessly, so it is either an old firmware issue or config.

- Could you please make sure you are using latest FW on devices?
- If issue persists, could you please send me the config (html admin advanced) of SPA962 and SPA942 phones?

Please also clarify all legs involved on the call, are all legs local, or there is one leg over the Internet?

p.kilkeary Sun, 12/06/2009 - 16:52

All the Fireware is up to date for these devices. Please note that this is the same system that is having Music on Hold issues that our other discussion is concerning, not sure if these issues may be relative to each other.

Alberto Montilla Wed, 12/09/2009 - 03:19

Dear Sir;

Make sure you download the latest firmware from (6.1.5). I see you have a phone with 6.1.3, this may be the source of the issue (without the network traces is difficult to see if there is an RTP issue).

Please upgrade the devices and try again. If issue is not solved try two other changes that may help:

- On the SPA9000 and Phones [SIP] tab, set RFC 2543 Call Hold: to NO (issue may be caused by an interop issues)

I suggest you factory default the SPA962 phone after upgrade and reconfigure it using the latest wizard (beta version is available in this community).

If problem persists I would need to see network traces.

This Discussion