Views
Helpful
Replies

Port "err-disabled" on 3020 after rebooting Vmware ESX host

rogersandstrom
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all!

I know this maybe be the right forum for this questin, nut I´m hoping that someone can give men an answer. Since I´m a newbe to Cisco and switches I use the Cisco Network Assistans go help me access the SAN switches.
As i mentioned in the subject the ports gets in error mode on the switch almost all of the time I restarts the host. I have to disable and then enable to port to get it up again. I also get this message in the switch:

This port has been disabled becasue Link has been found to be fluctuating between up and down states rapidly.
Reason could be bad physical connector hardware or drivers on the switch port och connecting device is faulty.

Recommendation: Replace physical connector or upgrade drivers on switch port or try replacing cable and enable port again.

Is some setting I can change on the switch to make this dissapear? Any commands in telnet againt the switch?

2 Replies 2

Leo Laohoo
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is the IOS version of your 3020?  We had the same issue and it's widely reported to be a bug in the internet and recommended the upgrade of the 3020 firmware to the 12.2(52) version.  This fixed our problem.

Interesting. Found bugID CSCsv92937

regards,

Geert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: