Views
Helpful
Replies

Understanding JTAPI and CTI in CCM

amaia.lesta
Level 4
Level 4

Dear all,

I haven't got any clear the difference between the different CTI-raleted parameters available in the CCM 6.1(2)

Application user --> Permision Information -->
      Standard CTI Allow Control of All Devices
      Standard CTI Enabled

End User level -->
      Extension Mobility --> Allow Control of Device From CTI
      Permission Information --> Standard CTI Enabled

Device Level --> ‘Allow Control of Device from CTI’

DN level --> ‘Allow Control of Device from CTI’

Please, can any of you let me know which are the functions of each one of them?

On the other hand, we have develope an application using JTAPI that checks the status of all the phones assigned to an end user. When oen of them receives a call the application launch an IE session.

To get this working I have created an Appliction User with the permissions mentioend above, Standard CTI Allow Control of All Devices and Standard CTI Enabled. It has no associated devices.

We have configured all the end users that should the application as follows:

- They have an associated device, their phone.

- They have the permissions mentioned above, Extension Mobility --> Allow Control of Device From CTI and Permission Information --> Standard CTI Enabled.

At Device level and at DN level we have activated the option ‘Allow Control of Device from CTI’.

My question is: Is all this configuration required or I have configured extra things that are not required for our application?

Thanks in advance for your kind help to solve these doubts.

Best regards

2 Replies 2

shalushar
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

Please find below a sample config for your reference in Understanding JTAPI and CTI.

Configuration on CCM
1. Create CTI port. 2. Creat the CTI Route Point 3. Configure the Voicemail Profile
. Create VM Pilot number xxxx . Create voicemail profile and associate this to VM pilot number xxxx 4. Create JTAPI User, Grant CTI Permissions, and Associate Devices       .  User Management > Application User > Add New (ex. user1)       . In the device information field, associate all CTI ports and CTI Route Point       . In the Permissions Information section,       . User Group: Standard CTI Enabled.       . Roles: Standard CTI Enabled. 5. Run CUE Express from the GUI page.       . Configure > CallManager       . Web User Name: is the User Name of CCMAdministrator and its password.       . JTAPI User: is "user1" created above.

Note:-Once done reboot CUE to get all CTI Port and CTI Route Point registered.   Note: If not registered, go to Tools > service activation, then look for "Cisco AXL Webservice". 6. User need to be create on the CUE. . This user can be either directly create on the CUE or we can import the user from the CCM. . On CCM we can create user where this user will be imported by CUE. To do so:    . User Mangerment > End User    . Fill in the gap and make sure that Device Associations will be IP phone that assocate to this mailbox.

Also Find below useful links which will help you in understanding the things better

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_configuration_
example09186a0080289ef0.shtml
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/5_0_4/ccmfeat/fsccmac.html

Please do let me know in case of any other query.

Regards,

Shalu

Dear Shalu,

Thank you very much for your answer. In my case I have a CUCM cluster and we have developed an application taht is installed in the PC of the phone users.

The application monitors the status of the phone. If it receives a call the application launches an URL.

So, we are not using CTI Ports for anything.

What I wanted to know is what should be enabled in the CUCM cluster to get this working.

When trying to get this information from Cisco manuals I realise that CTI was configurable in many places in the CUCM but I don't understand the difference and the functionality in each case.

Could you help me to clarify both matters, please?

Thank you once more for your kind help.

Best regards,

Amaia

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: