cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Available Bandwidth / 3750G Switch Stack

robinsona
Level 1
Level 1

I have a swtich stack comprised of three 3750G series swtiches. 1x 12sfp fiber port 10/1000 and 2x 24port 10/1000 ethernet switches in this stack.  I am setthing up a etherchannel connection comprised of 4 cables to a SAN device. I want to balance the bandwidth load for these 4 port connections across the two 24 port switches int his stack.  I am planning to plug two cables into 1/0/2 and 1/0/3 respectivly in this design.  My question is of total available bandwidth across the switch stack, does each port have true 10/1000 speed or is it distributed across a group of port ex. 1-4, 5-8 etc. in a peer relationship? Thus having an effect weather I etherchannel consecutive ports or the port in each group to balance the load back to my SAN.

All feedback appreciated!

-Alex

1 Reply 1

Giuseppe Larosa
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hello Alex,

the switch stack builds a ring topology with 32 Gbps available bandwidth on standard 3750 and 64 Gbps on improved C3750E

So you should be fine.

see

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst3750/software/troubleshooting/switch_stacks.html#wp39498

Hope to help

Giuseppe

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card