cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

contact center script menu on hold music

wplantier
Level 1
Level 1

I have a script that is working. I have a menu and they want a music on hold to play while the menu goes through its retry. How do I get music on hold in between the retries?

4 Replies 4

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This doesn't make sense as you've described it. Can you provide an example to illustrate what you want the caller to hear?

They want to hear a prompt and after the prompt plays be able to input a digit to be routed to vm. If they dont input a digit the run the prompt two more times and then go to vm. They want hold music in between the prompts. I am running the menu prompt in the script but it gives out silence in between prompts.

This is not possible and is a bad idea anyway. Callers pretty much universally know that silence means they should be doing something. If you give them MoH many will interpret that as they missed their chance to enter the value.

Ryan Mullins
Level 1
Level 1

Typically you can do this with a container prompt.  Just use the Create Container Prompt to add both the Menu promt and the MOH loop together into a single prompt.  Then for your menu step, use the container prompt instead of the normal Menu prompt.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: