Views
Helpful
Replies

Caller ID with SNR

phawara
Level 1
Level 1

Hello everyone,

I've heard that with the latest UC520 firmware caller ID is now passed to the snr number. I've upgraded and do not see this happening, is there some config I must do? If so, could you please describe it.

Thanks in advance!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

For FXO caller ID is controlled by the Telco for outbound calls. There is no way to preserve the original one. This is NOT a Cisco limitation.

Marcos

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Are you getting caller id from your telco? What kind of voice connection is this? PRI, SIP, FXO?

Thanks,

Marcos

Yes we have caller ID from the telco and we've got PRI lines. This also happens on another install with T1.

Thanks!

Can you provide a "debug isdn q931" for the entire call flow?

Marcos

That command didn't work, gives me an error at the isdn.

I'm going to troubleshoot the FXO system first.

Thanks in advance!

For FXO caller ID is controlled by the Telco for outbound calls. There is no way to preserve the original one. This is NOT a Cisco limitation.

Marcos

Hi,

I have a similar problem. I receive caller id from SIP provider and i can see it in the phones, but when the call reaches VM or SNR i cannot see the caller-id. What i see in VM notifications messages or SNR phone is the number of the UC520 system. It is like the call is composed by UC520.

Any suggestions?

Leo.

phawara
Level 1
Level 1

So on a system using FXO for outbound lines it is impossible to perserve the original caller ID, correct? As for the the system with the PRI I'll upgrade that one to the latest firmware and start a new thread if it doesn't work.

Thanks again for everything!

Correct.

phawara
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the clarification!

ciscojoe837
Level 1
Level 1

I only have VoIP lines (no analog or FXO) and the SNR Caller-ID does not pass through.  How can this be corrected?  I can't tell who is calling because it always shows my company name and number.

Thanks.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: