cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Define portal views for a role in LMS

Michel Hegeraat
Level 7
Level 7

A customer wants to have a portal views based on the users role.

I can see that every user can basically create his own view.That fine of course. I can see that the helpdesk can't see some portlets. I would prefer the portlets he/she is not allowed to use would simply be invisible/hidden.

But I like to know if I can create a view and place it for a group/role e.g. create a view for all helpdesk users, all network administrators.

I would think my view is probably saved an an xml file somewhere and maybe I could copy it to another users profile, a bit like I can share the topology maps in campus with other users.

Anyone tried this?

Cheers,

Michel

3 Replies 3

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, this is not possible.  The portal data is actually stored in a flat database file which holds all data for all users, and is not directly changeable.  The best you can do is have the administrator define a public portal for all users.

OK, too bad.

Maybe another enhancement request.

Cheers,

Michel

Hi, I'm very interested in define a public portal for all users, even helpdesk, how can I do this?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: