Views
Helpful
Replies

Three ASAs License

danielnunes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

is it possible to have three ASAs working on cluster but just 2 working as Active/Standby?

I need to know about this correlated with license because we have three ASAs and two are working fine with HA

and the last ASA will be deploy on another site and create a disaster recovery process environment.

thanks a lot

4 Replies 4

Roman Rodichev
Level 7
Level 7

You can't have three ASAs in an HA cluster (although you can configure VPN load balancing across more than two ASAs, but they can't be used for firewalling). Your 3rd ASA in the second Data Center will be a separate setup. Failover between data centers will need to be achieved using different methods, such as dynamic BGP failover or DNS-level load balancing.

Regards,

Roman

ieMentor

Hi Roman,

thanks for your attention..

I was wondering a enviroment where I can make a quick replace a ASA for other one of them crash for anything.

In this case my 3rd ASA will be turn of and just there is a crash by Primary or Secondary, then I will put the Config file and turn on the ASA replacing that ASA was crash.

In this case, How can I use the license or there is no restrict to ue the 3rd ASA as Primary or Secondary?

thanks a lot

danielnunes wrote:

Hi Roman,

thanks for your attention..

I was wondering a enviroment where I can make a quick replace a ASA for other one of them crash for anything.

In this case my 3rd ASA will be turn of and just there is a crash by Primary or Secondary, then I will put the Config file and turn on the ASA replacing that ASA was crash.

In this case, How can I use the license or there is no restrict to ue the 3rd ASA as Primary or Secondary?

thanks a lot

When you run the firewalls in active/standby either firewall can be the primary or secondary. So in effect it shouldn't matter.

Jon

one more doubt....

The activation-key of the ASAs does not the same ?

My First and Second ASA are with HA but the 3rd ASA is other ASA that does not have the same activtion key.

Can I get the 3rd ASA and replace any ASA of the my original HA?

thanks

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card