cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Supported Servers/ Hardware Compatibility Matrix for CUCM 6.1(4a)?

Hi, need to confirm whether MCS 7845H1-CCE1 is officially supported for CUCM 6.1/7.x [ i have installed CUCM 7.0.3 on 7845H1, but need to confirm that's officially supported], can't find any BoM or hardware compatibility matrix at Cisco site for CUCM [have found one from cisco site and that's against Windows OS vs. Hardware compatibility matrix], can anyone help me with a link? or anything else?

3 Replies 3

Paul Reck
Level 1
Level 1

Hi there,

the hardware compatibility matrix is available here

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6790/ps5748/ps378/prod_brochure0900aecd8062a4f9.html

and it looks like your server is supported with the following caveat.

Supported, but note that Cisco Unified Communications Manager 6.1 and higher requires original CPU > 2GHz, memory of minimum 2GB for MCS 7815/16/25/35, 6GB for MCS 7828 and 4GB for MCS 7845, and hard drive capacity of 72/80 GB or higher. This will result in mandatory memory and hard drive upgrades if older supported servers are desired for use with the new software versions.

regards,

Paul

Hi Paul,

Thanks! This is the exact matrix I was looking for, but I'm still in confusion, we are running UCCE 7.2 with CCM 4.2 and want to upgrade CCM to CUCM and also conducted with Cisco, Cisco team says the compatible CUCM for UCCE 7.2 is CUCM 6.1(x), it's okey with us, but also they mentioned the old hardware (MCS7845H1-IPC1/CCE1) is not compatible for CUCM 6.1(x) and need to change to higher end server (H2/H3), that's why I was searching the compatibility matrix. Any idea?

Hi there,

the hardware matrix does seem to suggest that it is compatible with so long as the memory and HDD are up to specifications. It may be that they suggested an upgrade because the hard drives and/or RAM for the MCS7845H1 may be getting harder to come by now. I'm not sure.  It might be worth discussing this with your Cisco SE

regards,

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: