Level 1

Hi

Pls answer me these questions in short

v  Difference between bit rate and baud rate

v  What is NETBIOS and NETBEUI

v  What is the difference between POP3 and IMAP Mail Server

v  Describe a 3-way TCP/IP Handshake

v  What is source route

v  What is the minimum and maximum length of the header in the TCP segment and IP datagram?

10xs

1 Reply 1

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

alsayed@litani.gov.lb

Hi

Pls answer me these questions in short

v  Difference between bit rate and baud rate

v  What is NETBIOS and NETBEUI

v  What is the difference between POP3 and IMAP Mail Server

v  Describe a 3-way TCP/IP Handshake

v  What is source route

v  What is the minimum and maximum length of the header in the TCP segment and IP datagram?

10xs

1)  Bit rate - how many data bits are transmitted per second

Baud rate -   measurement of the number of times per second a signal in a communications channel changes.

2) NETBEUI - network transport protocol, non-routable

NETBIOS -  Microsoft interface for running apps over NETBEUI. Note that Netbios now commonly runs over TCP/IP

3)  Both ways of reading your mail. POP3 downloads each mail to your PC. IMAP keeps the actual mail body on a server and only downloads the headers to your PC. It then only downloads the actual mail body when you click on a specific mail but it is still stored on a server.

4)  H1 talks to H2 -    H1 sends packet with SYN flag set. H2 responds with SYN and ACK flags set. H1 responds with ACK bit set.

5) source routing allows you to specify the route the packet will take through the network as opposed to leaving it to the routing tables.

6) I have attached a doc which summarises TCP/IP headers which you may find of use.

Note, you asked for short answers so bear in mind there is a lot more to some of your questions than i have covered.

Jon

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card