UCCX Conferencing in third call? Scripting help needed

Unanswered Question
Dec 7th, 2009

I've got a customer requirement where they want to be able to place a call into the contact centre, give the contact centre the digits to dial and have the contact centre place the call on their behalf.  I've got no trouble with that bit.

The next requirement is that the call placed is recorded, even if the calls in are not from cisco phones (i.e. mobiles).  We have a redbox recorder that does the recording and in order for it to commence a recording session, it needs to see a setup message through CM to check that it's an extension that is to be recorded.

For example, I use an IP phone that IS being monitored to make a call.  The Redbox sees the setup and will record the call flow.

I use an IP phone that is NOT being monitored to make a call.  The Redbox sees the setup and will not record the call.

In order to get calls recorded from the contact centre, I'm thinking of conferencing in a third phone that Redbox is set to record and have it auto answer on silent, but I can't figure out how to get the three calls conferenced together to keep the call flow recorded.

Any thoughts on how to achieve this?  Or has anyone else out there used another method?

All help greatly appreciated!

I have this problem too.
0 votes
Overall Rating: 0 (0 ratings)
leighharrison Mon, 12/07/2009 - 05:03

To keep you all posted, I've just tired (and failed) with:-

Setting the App Trigger to a call group that's got only 2 CTI ports in it, with a hope of recording from the 2 ports.

Problem there is that the Redbox only sees the setup on an SCCP message.  Still need to get it through a phone by the look of things...

Jonathan Schulenberg Wed, 12/09/2009 - 05:43

There is no mechanism within CCX that allows you to initiate a conference or join two contacts together. Your only options will be to transfer the triggerin

g contact to another destination with a Call Redirect or Call Consult Transfer.  If you create a second contact and use a Place Call step, you can interact with both contacts in the script but never join them together.

This Discussion