Views
Helpful
Replies

Call Terminates at Accept Step

gbljoba
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Ive got a UCCX 7 box working with a CUCM6.0 in a lab environment to test new scripts for our production infrastructure. When im debugging the script the call is terminating on the Accept step. If i leave it the call will ring out but as soon as a step over to accept the call is gone. The CTI ports on the CUCM are configured ok but they show IP address of the CUCM as apposed to the UCCX like in our live environment. This cannot be the issue though because the call is sent to the trigger and delivered to UCCX to start the debug. Ive tried lots of things already like reinstalling, DNA etc but im a little lost now.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Regards

Jon

7 Replies 7

Ryan Mullins
Level 1
Level 1

I have seen this on initially configured UCCX boxes, where the IP Address of the ports is wrong in CCM, but the CTI Route Points register with the proper IP Address of the UCCX server.  Usually restarting the engine on UCCX fixes this.  Your ports should show up as the IP Address of the UCCX server, not the CCM.

This would cause the behavior you describe.  The trigger is fired as it's registered with the correct IP Address, but answering the call fails, because CCM is using the wrong IP Address for the port when trying to connect the call and it's failing at that point.

But if there were a CTI issue then CUCM would not pass the call to

UCCX and initiate the debug of the script right?

Looking at past problems i think it could be a codec issue. I will capture the MIVR log and post here.

/Jon

I've seen this on new installs of 7.x UCCX.  The first time the ports don't register with the correct IP Address, instead they show up as the IP Address of the CCM.  However, creating a CTI Route Point Trigger registers with the correct IP Address.  It's simple to see if this is what you're seeing.  Take a look at your CTI Ports and CTI Route Points and see if they all show with the same IP Address.

If they don't, then simply restart the UCCX Engine so that your ports all re-register and check them again.

Hi Ryan,

Ive tried that and its still the same. I figure that the CTI ports must be ok to send the call to UCCX to trigger the script or maybe its having problems when its connecting the RTP stream....

In any case, ive attached my MIVR log for that period if anyone can decifer it.

Best wishes

Jon

GOT IT!

Ive changed the codec in system perameters on UCCX to G729 as a noticed my CIPC was using it and it works!

Regards

Jon

Cool.  Glad you found the issue.

gbljoba
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Ryan,

No, the CTI ports are still pointing to the CUCM. Im just building a test v 7 box to see if this is any different. Ive deleted them, recreated them, sync'd them restarted the service but they still stay the same. From the call manager side im not too fussed now it is working. For now i need a working UCCX to build and test scripts for the exam and our production environment.

Thanks very much for your help.

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: