cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I cannot get message notification to work on a UC500

joshua
Level 1
Level 1

I have tested the account from outlook and the SMTP account dose no look like it is sending the message.  Although, the cell phone notification works.  any ideas this is a Comcast email address external to my firm.  Is there a way to see an error log or does anyone have any Ideas?

Version 12.4(11r)XW

Revision: 3.1

8 Replies 8

nyciscotech
Level 1
Level 1

Do you have your SMTP settings properly configured under Cisco Unity Express? (System -> SMTP Settings)

Are you using Comcast's SMTP server to send the notifications and if so are you using a valid username/password that will allow the message to be sent?

Yes, the setting are all configured. I tested the setting from an outlook client.

If you log into CUE, can you ping the SMTP server?  Is name resolution working in CUE?

No, although it resolves the correct address.

Are they running on the default SMTP ports?  Have you checked your junk email to make sure it didn't show up in there?

yes i have check the junk mail.  per comcast they gave me the port number.  is there a way to debug to see if it is tring to connect?

You may want to try using port 587 instead of 25.  Depending on your type of service, rumor has it that Comcast has in the past blocked outbound access using port 25.   Additionally, their servers may be looking for the 'From Address' to be @comcast.net

Got it.  The Lady at Comcast gave me the incorrect port and server address............ 

The following are the setting for Comcast Business Class customers.

SMTP Server:     smtp.hmc1.comcast.net

Port:                      587

Thanks everyone for your help......

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: