Views
Helpful
Replies

wpa and wpa2 on the same SSID

maguiluzfr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Experts!

Can I have wpa and wpa2 on the same SSID available for both kind of users?

Regards,

Miguel

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Kayle Miller
Level 7
Level 7

Miguel,

While you can enable both it is preferred to select only 1 of them, but if you choose to have both enabled I reccomend that you configure them as follows:

WPA - TKIP Only

WPA2 - AES Only

Thanks,

Kayle

View solution in original post

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As mentioned already running 2 security postures on the same SSID can cause issues with connectivity. I tested this over a year ago and i discovered older clients (intel 2200s) and others struggled at times  during roaming and associations.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Kayle Miller
Level 7
Level 7

Miguel,

While you can enable both it is preferred to select only 1 of them, but if you choose to have both enabled I reccomend that you configure them as follows:

WPA - TKIP Only

WPA2 - AES Only

Thanks,

Kayle

George Stefanick
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As mentioned already running 2 security postures on the same SSID can cause issues with connectivity. I tested this over a year ago and i discovered older clients (intel 2200s) and others struggled at times  during roaming and associations.

"Satisfaction does not come from knowing the solution, it comes from knowing why." - Rosalind Franklin

maguiluzfr
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks to both!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: