cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Headset/Handset Issue

craig.pollitt
Level 1
Level 1

On any of the 79x5 instruments, it appears if you have your headset hooked up to the headset port on the back of the instrument AND the handset plugged in to its port on the back as well- that whenever you have an active call using the headset that it also enables the handset for some reason and you get an "echo" because you are hearing the other output.  There is no known setting that I am aware of that will "fix" this issue.

Our suggested workaround for the time being is- you can hook up the headset where you plug the handset into the headset base unit instead of the port on the back.  The only difference is they will have to plug the cord from the headset base to the headset port on the back of the instrument (not the handset port).  This will eliminate the echo issue.  However, it will also disable the use of the handset entirely.

I guess their intention for a wireless headset is better used when someone is not sitting right by their phone and has some distance so
that the "echo" is unnoticed...I guess.  Any other ideas?

Thanks.

Craig L. Pollitt

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What firmware version are you running? Did you search the bug toolkit? There was a bug on this.

I would recommend trying newer firmware before opening a thread.

Thanks for the answer and scolding.

I've already tried that and should've included that information in my original post...I have a 7975 using 8.5.3S.

I'll search for that BugID, but your reply would've been more helpful if you referenced it.  I would recommend you consider doing that before you respond to a post.  I was unaware there were restrictions to posting, could you point me to this as well?

Hi There,

Here is the Bug in question.

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCsr65970&from=summary

Please update the firmware on your phones.

HTH,

Justin

That appears to be the exact issue I'm facing, thanks for the reference link.

I have Load File SCCP75.8-5-3S running on my 7975 and am still experiencing the dual audio.  I see where the Boot Load ID is tnp75.8-3-1-21a.bin ...is this what I need to update?  If so, then I am unaware of how to do this.  I've already downloaded the cmterm-7975-sccp.8-5-3.cop.sgn, uploaded it to my TFTP, and specified the load under Device Defaults- which is how I'm at the Load File listed above.  If that doesn't change the Boot Load ID information, then I'm not sure how.

Thanks.

Craig L. Pollitt

Hi Craig,

In this case you should downgrade to another firmware.

All that you need to do is upload the new firmware files to the CUCM server, change the default loads to the new filename then restart the TFTP service.

Once the TFTP Service is restarted you then restart the phone(s) and the phone should then update the firmware.

The process to upgrade the firmware can be found in the Administration Guide.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cuipph/7970g_7971g-ge/english/3_3_3/english/administration/guide/HEADfrm.html

You will also find the Load Information in the readme file for the firmware that you download.

HTH, Please rate if so.

Justin

It appears the issue has been resolved.  We recently upgraded to UCM 7.1(3b) [7.1.3.30000-1] in hopes of clearing up a couple other issues we were having.  This release has 8.5.2SR1 as the default firmware for the 7975s and we experienced the same problem with the dual audio.  I upgraded to 8.5.3 at this time and only then was this where the problem appeared to go away.

Thanks for those that replied.

Craig

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: