Views
Helpful
Replies

4506 routing issue

satyamothukuri
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,

We are facing routing problem in my network,We have 2 ISP's in my network ISP 1 and ISP 2. My requirment is to route one of the VLAN traffic to ISP 2 and all other traffic to ISP 1. Please find the attached doc for refer. Please suggest me how to take this forward.

Regards,

Satya.M

6 Replies 6

Ganesh Hariharan
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Satya,

Load balancing of internet traffic can be done in two ways, Checkout the two links for load balancing one using BGP and without BGP

With BGP

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk365/technologies_configuration_example09186a00800945bf.shtml#conf2

Without BGP

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk648/tk361/technologies_configuration_example09186a00808d2b72.shtml

Hope this will solve your problem

Regards

Ganesh.H

ohassairi
Level 5
Level 5

if you want to make it static (without load balancing) and that could be more simple, you can use policy based routing.

that means you will create an acl matching your vlan and ask the router to make the next hop for this acl ISP1...

the config will look like this:

interface Serial1

ip policy route-map test

!

access-list 10 permit 193.1.1.0    0.0.0.255

route-map test permit 10

match ip address 10

set ip next-hop 172.16.87.254

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

satyamothukuri wrote:

Dear Team,

We are facing routing problem in my network,We have 2 ISP's in my network ISP 1 and ISP 2. My requirment is to route one of the VLAN traffic to ISP 2 and all other traffic to ISP 1. Please find the attached doc for refer. Please suggest me how to take this forward.

Regards,

Satya.M

Satya

The document is missing. How are the 2 ISP routers connected to the 4500 switch. Does the 4500 switch see them as next-hops ?

Edit - and what addressing scheme are you using within your network ?

Jon

Hi,

In between my 4506 and router there is cisco asa 5520. Please find the network dig.Is there any other way except PBR, since my switches are all IP base.

Regards,

Satya.M

HI ! ,

Didn't found the dig. But as you stated there is an ASA between 4500 switch and Router.Don't know whether I am correct or not , but if the dig is like

1.VLAN's are configured at 4500. 2.ISP1 & ISP2 link connected with Router. 3. ASA connected with Router in L3 port.4. ASA connetced with 4500 in management VLAN port /L3 port.

What you can do is -----

1. Route all internal IP block from Router towards ASA , for incoming traffic .

2. From ASA do the same prefixes routing towards  4500.

3. Let 4500 do the inter VLAN routing.

4. For outgoing traffic-- If VLAN's at 4500 is using Public IP block , then don't allow to change sources at ASA. otherwise If VLAN's are using Private IP

block , then NAT in ASA with desired public IP.

5. For outgoing ASA will forward all traffic (except your own Public range) towards Router.

6. Use PBR at Router's incoming interface (Connected with ASA).

7. Configure the PBR by two ACL with desired IP segment ( Your own Public range ) match.

Hope this will help to solve your problem.

Regards,

Anupam

keisikka
Level 1
Level 1

I think its doing Route-map and NAT on edge router.

THX

Keisikka

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card