Views
Helpful
Replies

LMS 3.0.1/ UT : AP1200 not discover on UT

ebezombes
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We don't see AP1200 on UT. We don't see the vlan where all AP1200 belong.

sh ver: 
Cisco IOS Software, C1200 Software (C1200-K9W7-M), Version 12.3(7)JA2, RELEASE SOFTWARE (fc1)
System image file is "flash:/c1200-k9w7-mx.123-7.JA2/c1200-k9w7-mx.123-7.JA2"

oid and package see doc.

How can I actrive debug for campus and ut, there is so many modules.

Thanks, Elisabeth

8 Replies 8

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to be running Campus 5.0.4 or higher to get working end host acquisition on access-points.  Then, you must have the acquire end hosts on AP box checked under Campus Manager > Admin > User Tracking > Acquisition.  Your APs must also be configured for multiple VLANs.

On Campus 5.1.0, I don't find this option:

acquisition_ut.JPG

On Campus 5.1.0, I don't see this option:

acquisition_ut.bmp

On campus 5.1.0, we can't see this option, see acquisition_ut.doc file

doc

You said you were using LMS 3.0.1 which includes Campus 5.0.x.  The option does exist in Campus 5.1.x, but it Campus 5.0.x, you need to add:

APRunCollection=true 

to NMSROOT/campus/etc/cwsi/ut.properties.

When you said "Your APs must also be configured for multiple VLANs", do you think that if AP is configured with native vlan only (vlan 1) it can be why there are not discover ?

If the APs are only configured for VLAN 1, then UT will not acquire any users on them.  You must be using trunking, and you must have multiple trunks for the Q-BRIDGE-MIB to be properly populated.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: