Views
Helpful
Replies

CS-MARS-100 recent upgrade problem

Vadim Gavrilov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all!

I have experienced problem with CS-MARS-100 appliance most recent upgrades. I've successfully upgraded it from 6.0.3 to 6.0.4 using csmars-6.0.4.3229.zip package. But when I've tried to use csmars-6.0.5.3358.zip package, I've recived an error message: "Failed to pass version dependence test". I've tried to do it from web-interface and from console, from FTP-server and from DVD-ROM, but was completely unsuccessful. By the way - when I used console, error message was slightly different, there was an additional information: csmars-6.0.5.3358.zip needs an 6.0.4.322.33 to successful upgrade, but csmars-6.0.4.3229.zip is only 6.0.4.322.32.

I can not find another versions of packages on http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/cs-mars, so I can not upgrade my appliance to most recent version.

Please, explain me what does this mean and what can I do?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Found a solution to this problem today.

I got the tip that i would have to upgrade the ips sig:s from our support provider.

That didn't help thou, i couldn't upgrade to 6.0.5 in GUI.

Logged in to cli and fired of an pnupgrade with upgrade package 6.0.4.3229 (the same version running on the Mars at the time) it started and came out as 6.0.4.3229.33 from 6.0.4.3229.32, and from there on i upgraded to 6.0.5 in the gui.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

dustinsuko
Level 1
Level 1

Have you tried re-downloading the file from Cisco? It's possible for the file to become corrupt during download.

Dustin

Sure. Got the same result.

Hi, I got the same problem on a new mars-55 generation 2.

Found a solution to this problem today.

I got the tip that i would have to upgrade the ips sig:s from our support provider.

That didn't help thou, i couldn't upgrade to 6.0.5 in GUI.

Logged in to cli and fired of an pnupgrade with upgrade package 6.0.4.3229 (the same version running on the Mars at the time) it started and came out as 6.0.4.3229.33 from 6.0.4.3229.32, and from there on i upgraded to 6.0.5 in the gui.

2 FREDRIK HABORN

Thanks a lot!

I'll try do check this method next week and post the result here.

2 FREDRIK HABORN

Thank you! Nice job!

You was 100 % right. I used your recipe and all upgrades are successfully installed now. Great!.

You can also install the 6.0.3 patch file (csmars-6.0.3.3190-customer-patch.zip) before installing the 6.0.4.

Even though patch file specifies that, "This upgrade is not in the required upgrade path" for 6.0.3 patch file. This looks like the way to go.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: