Views
Helpful
Replies

Error in communicating with Group Administration Server

redes.mural
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

In my CWLMS 2.5, when I try to access Common Services -> Device and Credentials -> Device Management, I get the following message:

Error in communicating with Group Administration Server.

It may be down or not yet up. Please make sure that Group administration server is up and running, then refresh the page.

I've tryied with the NMSROOT/bin/pdexec CMFOGSServer  and net stop/start crmdmgtd commands and no results.

Any idea?

Regards

15 Replies 15

Joe Clarke
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

First, you REALLY need to upgrade to at least LMS 2.6.  LMS 2.5 is end of life, and will be completely end of support next year.  The LMS 2.6 update is freely downloadable from http://www.cisco.com/cgi-bin/tablebuild.pl/lms26 .

Your problem here appears to be related to the fact that you have modified your Windows service startup parameters.  Post a screenshot of your Services control panel showing all of the LMS services.

Hi,

I've updated the LMS to 2.6     (thanks for the link)

And here we go the screnshot.

Thanks again!

Set the following services to Manual, then reboot:

CiscoWorks Tomcat Servlet Engine

CiscoWorks VisiBroker Smart Agent

CiscoWorks Web Server

DFM dfmEpm database engine

DFM dfmFh database engine

DFM dfmInv database engine

Things should then work better for you.

Hi Clarke, I have done your recomendation, (setting the services to Manual), but with the reboot, it has been started (automatically) again, is normal or should I set it to Disabled?

The error in Device Management is still there:

Error in communicating with Group Administration Server.
It may be down or not yet up. Please make sure that the Group Administration Server is up and running, then refresh the page.

Thanks!

The services should get started, but by Daemon Manager, and not the Windows service manager.  Post the CMFOGSServer.log.

This is the CMFOGSServer log...

Error loading: d:\PROGRA~1\cscopx\lib\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll

Unable to launch JVMError loading: d:\PROGRA~1\cscopx\lib\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll

Unable to launch JVMError loading: d:\PROGRA~1\cscopx\lib\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll

The jvm.dll is in the path.

Make sure Data Execution Protection is disabled in the System control panel.  Also, make sure anti-virus on-access scanning is disabled for NMSROOT.  If any of these things are not done, adjust the settings, then reboot.

Hi Clarke

I've completely disabled the DEP in the Boot.ini file.

Also I've excluded for scanning (scheduled and auto-protect) the NMSROOT folder and all subfolders.

I rebooted, but I'm getting the same error  (Error in communicating with Group Administration Server............)

What type of AV software do you have loaded?  If you shutdown Daemon Manager, clear out the CMFOGSServer.log, then restart, do you see the same errors in the log?  Do you have /3G configuredi n boot.ini?

The server has Symantec Endpoint Protection v11.0.4202.75.

I renamed the CMFOGSServer.log file and the new one has the same errors:

Error loading: d:\PROGRA~1\cscopx\lib\jre\bin\client\jvm.dll

No, I don't have the /3G parameter en Boot.ini.

This is my boot.ini file configuration:

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(2)\WINDOWS="Windows Server 2003, Standard" /fastdetect /NoExecute=AlwaysOff

What errors do you see in the Windows Event Viewer related to cwjava?  If you connect to the server's console, what messages do you see?

Hi Clarke,

I don't see any error or warning in Event Viewer (System and Application).

What do you mean with server's console?

I mean you should sit down at the physical server's monitor, and check the console.  You can also get to this using VNC or using mstsc /console.

It may also be beneficial for you to open a TAC service request at this point so remote access can be gained.  It may be required to trace the flow of the CMFOGSServer JVM to see why it is failing.

Ok, There ara not errors or messages in Server Console.

I can work with everything fine!. Even the rest of the CiscoWorks is working, just the Device Management isn't'.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: