Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Client 5.0.06.0160 w/ Windows 7 connect before logon

I cannot seem to find this option anywhere...logged in as an administrator on the machine.

7 Replies 7

Kevin Morales
Level 1
Level 1

In vpn client try:  options --- Windows Logon Properties ?

I have the same problem. there is no item "windows logon properties" under options.

the computer concernd is running windows 7 enterprise and is member of MS AD Domain.

Computer running windows XP don't seem to have this problem.

Any idea

Thanx

apparently connect before logon is not supported under windows 7: see release notes

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/security/vpn_client/cisco_vpn_client/vpn_client5006/release/notes/vpnclient5006.html#wp45904

bci-rbg
Level 1
Level 1

Hi!

I'm struggling with the same problem. did you get it solved?

Cheers

Sammy

Thanx for comfirming that.

I'm not sure if I can run ASDM on our cisco 2651XM vpn router. At this time I'm just using SDM version 2.5.

Many Thanks for any further Help

I know this is an old thread, but I found an answer, due to the craziness of Windows 2008R2 Fax Services requiring you to be domain-logged on to access the Fax Server.  To walk you through it, you're going to need at least 2 users who can log on to the machine and you will need to add the client machine to the Domain. For this example, I'll call my local user LocalUser and my domain user DomainUser.

1. Log on using LocalUser.  They don't need to be an admin, but just someone who can connect the VPN client.
  2. Once the tunnel is established and everything is routing correctly, switch Users
  3. Log on using DomainUser. 
  4. Enjoy your Windows 7 Domain connection.

That's all.  I hope others can benefit from this information.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: