Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Tomcat [Starting]

Does anyone know how to stop the process?

I tried to restart the Cisco Tomcat service from the command line and it stopped OK but is just sitting there Starting, and I can't seem to send any other command to stop the process.

On another server when this happened, even the system restart would not work and physical power off was required.  I'm hoping there is another way?

Zeke

3 Replies 3

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Zeke -

Is this a Windows or Linux server? Let us know which application too, because some Linux application servers have root access, like MeetingPlace Express but CallManager does not. Sometimes a service is stuck in Starting status because it relies on other services to start up first or need a specific user logon other than Local account.  If this is a Windows server, you can go into Computer Management - Services or you can run the Services.mmc.  Right click the Tomcat service and select Properties.  Check to see what other services are predecessors and review those on the server to make sure they are all Started.  From my experience, a Windows service stuck in Starting that cannot be corrected requires a reboot to fix.

Ginger

This is CallManager 7.1 (2)  and no it wasn't an upgrade.  This is the first time we have had this problem, since installed in July, 2009.

I'm thinking a power down, may be my only solution???

Zeke

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Was there an upgrade or something that was before this to make it start doing this??    There have been issues with Tomcat starting due issues with CUCM 7.x.

It could also be a cert problem, or hostname change.

I have a cluster also that tomcat services are running, but super slow.  No matter what we do, they are slow.  But if you are on the server, its fine.  TAC cant figure it out.

Id recommond a tac case so they sprinkle the magic dust on the root account and clean it up.

Also, any errors in RTMT?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: