Hello, I need to configure an IBM Bladecenter Cisco SAN switch but new to this area of expertise and was wondering if anyone can point me to some guidance for this. I understand it is very similar to the Cisco MDS 9124. Unfortunately configuring switches is not a strong point for me at all.
1. Can I access the switch thru the management module like the other Bladecenter switches to assign the fibre switch an IP?
2. After assiging an IP, can I enter this IP in a web console and assume the Cisco Fabric Manager Software is embedded in the module and start managing?
3. Is there a default ID and password?
4. I may have to install a back level version of the firmware (I remember a few years ago, to update firmware I had to use a tftp server. Is this still the case?)
5. This switch will be plugged into an external Cisco switch. What do I need for that?
Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance.