cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Eigrp routing issue

arun
Level 1
Level 1

we have two routes for one of the destination. But i am not able to see one route in my topology table., what might be the cause.Thanks in advance.

Routing protocol : Eigrp

8 Replies 8

Jon Marshall
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

arun@fuzzy15s.com

we have two routes for one of the destination. But i am not able to see one route in my topology table., what might be the cause.Thanks in advance.

Routing protocol : Eigrp

Could you be more specific.

Do you mean you have 2 equal cost path routes but you are only seeing one in the routing table

OR

do you mean you have 2 routes to a destination but when you look at the topology table you only see on route. If so are you using the command "sh ip eigrp topoology all-links" because without the all-links you will only see the successor and feasible successor routes.

Jon

yes, i have 2 routes to a destination but when i look at the topology table i can see only one route...

What command are you using to look at the topology table ?

Jon

sh ip eigrp top xx.xx.xx.xx mask

arun@fuzzy15s.com

sh ip eigrp top xx.xx.xx.xx mask

Could you read my original post about "sh ip eigrp topology all-links"

Jon

jon.marshall wrote:

Jon

Hi Jon,

I am not sure if this is IOS specific but on most of the IOS versions that I have tried the 'show ip eigrp topo ' displays all the routes not just the feasible successor. I believe the "show ip eigrp top all-links" command is equal to the "show ip eigpr top" without specifying the actual network and mask. Appreciate if you can can confirm if you know otherwise as I have always used the show ip eigrp top to troubleshoot such scenarios. thx for your help.

Hi jon,

The route is not available only for particular destination , I can see it in sh ip eigrp top

vdadlaney wrote:

jon.marshall wrote:

Jon

Hi Jon,

I am not sure if this is IOS specific but on most of the IOS versions that I have tried the 'show ip eigrp topo ' displays all the routes not just the feasible successor. I believe the "show ip eigrp top all-links" command is equal to the "show ip eigpr top" without specifying the actual network and mask. Appreciate if you can can confirm if you know otherwise as I have always used the show ip eigrp top to troubleshoot such scenarios. thx for your help.

Must admit from memory i thought that only the all-links and detail-links options showed all routes learnt via EIGRP. You've got me thinking now so i'll have to lab it up and get back to you

Jon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Innovations in Cisco Full Stack Observability - A new webinar from Cisco