Views
Helpful
Replies

ASA 5505 with two public IP

alex goshtaei
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am trying to configure ASA 5505 as SSL VPN server. I have a range of public IP addresses from service provider. I am using interface vlan 2 (outside) IP address for our internal Exchange server which uses port 443, 80 and 25. I want to use another available public ip address for SSL VPN, but it seems it's impossible. when I run wizard, it only lets me to specify interface which it's already used for PAT.

if you suggest me how to accomplish this task, I'll be very appreciated.

thanks

Alex

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Since you need  the actual  interface to terminate SSL VPN or any other VPN  I would suggest to use a different pub IP that you have available and cutover the rules that  you have configured for your exchange server that is using the ourside interface as static PAT for  443 and use regular static nat for exchange services , you need  the actual interface to terminate the vpn ,..AFAIK  ASA does not support secondary  IPs on  the same interface .. like you  could  on a router.

Regards

Jorge Rodriguez

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

JORGE RODRIGUEZ
Level 10
Level 10

Since you need  the actual  interface to terminate SSL VPN or any other VPN  I would suggest to use a different pub IP that you have available and cutover the rules that  you have configured for your exchange server that is using the ourside interface as static PAT for  443 and use regular static nat for exchange services , you need  the actual interface to terminate the vpn ,..AFAIK  ASA does not support secondary  IPs on  the same interface .. like you  could  on a router.

Regards

Jorge Rodriguez

keisikka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Alex,

I think you have to do a NAT for your exchange server using one public IP address.

And your SSL vpn can terninal on another public IP address lies on outside interface.

For hose two IP address, you can locate at your demand.

THX

Keisikka

For this you need two routable addresses. Lets say these are 1.1.1.1 and 1.1.1.2 which you've gotten from your ISP.

1) Put 1.1.1.1 on your vlan2 outside interface. Use this for VPN's and PAT.

2) Add a static for 1.1.1.2 and towards your exchange server on the inside.

ex of static command;

static(inside,outside) netmask 255.255.255.255

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card